I have the curve 8310 and if i want to transfer something between my laptop and pnone it takes forever. It takes 15 minutes to transfer a 90kb pic! Is there a setting to speed up a transfer? Thanks in advance...
    11-06-08 12:37 PM
    Your laptp may be running an older version of Bluetooth but still that's very slow. Why not just use a USB cable and transfer directly? Would be much faster.
    11-06-08 12:41 PM
    Although Bluetooth is handy, it's the slowest method of transferring data.
    11-06-08 12:44 PM
    Although Bluetooth is handy, it's the slowest method of transferring data.
    I had a Sliver before I got my BB and the bluetooth transfers were super fast with it. Thats why i was wondering if there was a setting. Thanx
    11-06-08 12:52 PM
    Another thing to try (along with trucky's suggestion) is a battery pull. The BT radio can get mixed signals with other devices. Also, make sure the searching feature is turned off your BB and laptop. Make sure they're paired, but turn off the search feature.

I gonna get a little geeky here and explain - each BB (and all other BT devices) have a specific address assigned to it within a certain radio range, like your cordless phone. Some of the ATCS addresses and their related harmonics (like I said - geeky) can ride the same "beat" as other devices even though the addresses are completely different. When you "pair" a device, the BT transceiver (your BB / laptop) will look for other BT devices. You normally have to turn the search option (connect) on to open the radio’s address. That’s why sometimes when you try to pair your BT headset with your BB you may see your neighbor’s BT device.

Once you pair 2 devices, the addresses are locked and the radio’s searching feature can be turned off.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 11-06-08 at 01:06 PM.
    11-06-08 12:57 PM
    As a Bluetooth developer this explains a slow establishing a connection but not the incrediable slow data trasnfger rates of the connection once estasblished. I recommend

1) opening the device manager
    2) open the COM ports
    3) Open the Virtual Bluetooth COM ports for Blackberry
    4) Open the properties and change the connection speed from 9600 to the maximum.

This will improve some of the Bluetooth connection performance.
    12-01-09 07:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD