I just purchased and tested the Miccus Bluetooth Audio receiver.

The setup and syncing of the device was easy and successful.

However, as soon as I began playing back any media on the phone and outputting the sound via the wireless Bluetooth protocol, I heard very bad static and distorted sound on the stereo, which is connected to the Miccus receiver.

I then tested the Miccus receiver on my roommate's 8530 blackberry and the sound was crystal clear!

What gives? And could this be a software or hardware issue with the 9650?

(phone calls via separate bluetooth headset work fine)
    09-01-10 07:12 PM
    software issue probably, need to install a different bluetooth.cod from a different OS. There was a similar thread here somewhere with a link to the .cod.
    09-01-10 07:13 PM
    thanks for the heads up...do you have a link?
    09-01-10 07:18 PM
    230 bluetooth cod.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

Just load the .cod using BBSAK

I'd backup your phone first just incase.
    09-01-10 07:20 PM
    appreciate the help papped...any reason why the 8530 bluetooth file works fine, but the 9650 does not? it seems like such a random issue that did not expect on the 9650
    09-01-10 07:28 PM
    I think it has more to do with the OS revision than the hardware basically. Some people have issues on the newer BT file which is why the "gold" bt file is pretty old. 8530 might just be using a BT file that it likes better...
    09-01-10 07:54 PM
    try turning volume on 9650 down and volume on bluetooth hardware up
    09-01-10 07:59 PM
    mg386: thanks for the advice...but that method definitely did not work...plus all volume controls on bb are disabled when bluetooth ad2p is activated
    09-01-10 08:13 PM
    papped: your fix worked with no problems...appreciate the help...just tested the bluetooth receiver on multiple devices and the audio is CRYSTAL CLEAR many thanks!
    09-01-10 09:26 PM
    Np, glad it worked
    09-02-10 01:10 AM
    230 bluetooth cod.zip - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

I've got a Tour 9630 that I'm experiencing the same problem with.
    It used to be fine but all of a sudden stereo audio sounds like complete *** when I attempt to play any music through my Moto S9 headset or my car's Pioneer Bluetooth stereo.
    Unfortunately I'm reading this and researching this situation while at work, and the firewall has the file sharing sites blocked so I can't access that site to grab the cod and try it.
    Do you know if it's compatible with my Tour? It's loaded with the current OS BTW.

Thanks in advance.
    09-08-10 07:52 AM
    Yea it should work on the tour
    09-08-10 11:01 AM

As U can see from my status I'm a newb.
    A quick Google search on 'Blackberry SAK' didn't turn up anything useful, so...

...what's 'BBSAK' (an app used for loading BB drivers?) and where do I get it?

Thanks again.
    09-09-10 09:51 AM
    I'm having the same problem with my 9630 Tour with 5.0.0.975
    Is there a fix? I don't see that cod file on either of those links and don't know what BBSAK is either
    Thanks for any help
    11-01-12 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD