ok ive posted this on a couple other fourms and havent recieved a deff. answer yet, i have a 8330 with the jawbone2 when i get a sms i get no alert in my headset, i dont know if its the phone that dosent do it or the headset that dosent do it, i know when i had my v3 razar and my moto. h770 i would get a sms alert in the headset, any input?
    07-17-08 06:48 PM
    I get no alert using a BlueTooth headset with my Curve... this has to be a BlackBerry issue
    07-17-08 06:53 PM
    i do not get one either i have a curve and a motorola headset
    07-17-08 07:03 PM
    This could be because states are now making it a law not to text while driving. The whole idea of the blue tooth headsets is to keep it hands free.
    07-17-08 07:12 PM
    thanks for your replies
    07-18-08 07:24 AM
    This could be because states are now making it a law not to text while driving. The whole idea of the blue tooth headsets is to keep it hands free.
    I do not think that really has anything to do with this, to be honest.

The BlackBerries we currently have were on the market before any of these laws and the OS was being developed, tested and used before these laws as well. This has nothing to do with a hardware issue of any sort... this is something in the OS that does not play a tone through the headset for an alert.

Besides, you do not have to be texting while driving to benefit from a feature such as this. And it is nice to have a notification of SMS through your headset if you desire. I am not sure why the feature is not included, but it is not 'law-related'...
    07-18-08 07:32 AM
    I have an 8830 and I don't get an alert through my bluetooth either.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-08 07:43 AM
    Same here, Pearl 8130 with Jaybird JB-200 stereo headset and no SMS alert through headset. Sure would be nice.
    08-01-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD