Well I was finally able to pair my bb to my laptop but when I wanted to do a test to see if I did everything right, the file would not go through. This is my first time ever using a bluetooth feature. It says the file transfer failed because the recieving bluetooth computer or device did not respond. It also says make sure the OBEX file push profile is installed. I show the bluetooth icon lit up on my bb and right next to it is a small icon I don't recognize (almond shaped) like an eye.
    07-25-10 03:38 PM
    Ok so I think I figured it out. I had to go into media and click on the menu botton and then select recieve file blutooth, sorry something like that but is it normal to take so long to transfer the file? It's sending from my laptop and recieving at the same time and it's just 3% and I started almost 5 minutes ago!!
    07-25-10 04:14 PM
    Sending through bluetooth is never as fast as using the cord. As for how long it will take depends on how big the file is. I guess we would need to know how big your file is to know if 3% in 5 minutes is acceptable or not.
    07-25-10 04:22 PM
    If this is the size than it is 1.51 MB. It is a single picture I was trying to send. I even went outside and when I came back in it was only12%. I cancelled it.
    07-25-10 04:25 PM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f143/bluetooth-501959/

The procedure is pretty similar when you deal BB-PC.
    07-25-10 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD