I have searched this forum high and low. If I missed something somewhere, my apologies. I have always found a solution to my problem somewhere here, but not this. I am trying to bluetooth from my old phone (LG) ringtones that are stored there. As you see I am a newbie, I'm getting there . I'm following the steps as told here. Recieving as bluetooth and all that but I am getting the never ending invalid character prompt. It seems like I have tried it all, reinstalling the OS, deleting and repairing with the phone. I cant change the file name on the LG it does not allow. I tried to change it on my pearl, no luck. Now I have seen others here with the problem. But that's where the thread ends.......no one is giving us the answer.........please please please don't let this go unanswered. I have faith in you BB people,, you have walked me thru other situations. HELP!!!!!!
    03-05-08 09:53 AM
    I had problems bluetoothing with an LG phone my friend had I don't know why and we really could never figure it out.. Someone told us it was the bluetooth versions between his phone and mine. Apparently his was not backwards compatable like my BB.
    03-05-08 12:58 PM
    The only thing I can think of is to make sure you have selected the "receieve using bluetooth" while in the media application.
    03-05-08 03:34 PM
    Thanks to both of you, but my son is not able to and he has a Razor and my friend is not able to and she has a blackjack. I also tried the receive using bluetooth. Still need help please
    03-06-08 08:28 AM
    All i can think of is some phones don't wana talk to eachother
    03-07-08 07:48 AM
    I had problems bluetoothing with an LG phone my friend had I don't know why and we really could never figure it out.. Someone told us it was the bluetooth versions between his phone and mine. Apparently his was not backwards compatable like my BB.

I have an LG and I cannot transfer files via bluetooth either...I get the invalid character prompt as well. I was able to send the files (ringtones) in a text message format to my pearl 8110 and then save them fine...that didn't make any since to me either. I still cannot figure it out. I have tried everything to rename the file on the BB and it still comes up with the same illegal character prompt...beginning to get frustrated with the BB experience altogether
    07-19-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD