I have a BlueAnt Z9i to use with my 8310. I typically only use it while on my ride to work (about an hour each way) so I turn the phone's BT radio on and turn it off when I get to work. What I've noticed is that even though I've turned the radio off, the battery still drains quite quickly.

I know that usage can affect battery life but if I take two typical days, one where I have used the BT and one where I have not the difference is astounding. On a day like today where from a full charge I do a battery pull to start fresh I go through the day and still have 85% left at least. If I had used my BT even once after the same routine I'd be down to 40%. This drain occurs throughout the day and not only on the ride.

Anyone else ever have this issue? It almost seems that even though I've shut the radio off it really does not turn off. I'm on 4.5.0.110 right now if anyone was wondering.
    02-03-09 12:12 AM
    Hmmm, try a soft reset after you turn off the BT radio & see if that makes a difference.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-09 08:36 AM
    Seems weird I have gotten my Curve down to 60 % after a day of snowboarding but keep in mind that is with connecting to my bluetooth helmet and it being 20 degrees plus heavy winds, also I was making a ton of calls.
    02-17-09 09:45 AM
    jspidey i actually brought a BlueAnt x3 yesterday and i lost TWO BARS from my commute (about a hour) its not just you. im running on .114 and i have the 8900. i dont think its the OS i think that bluetooth is acting like a leech and sucking your battery life! I just tryed a soft-reset well see if that works! If you hear anything please let me know!
    04-02-09 08:43 AM
    I've had this happen to me before also.

Very frustrating.
    04-03-09 06:00 PM
    Bluetooth can really be a battery hog, especially when running mobile, the two 'talk' back and forth as the signal changes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-03-09 07:20 PM
    i havent seen this issue with my bb. i do turn off my bt when not in use. sometimes we have to see also if there are other apps playing a factor. or maybe bt is set to discovery and is always emitting a signal!
    04-04-09 04:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD