Has anyone noticed that the Bluetooth range on the S2 is pretty bad? I have gone through 3 S2's now for various reasons and noticed that they were all consistently bad with Bluetooth range. I have a Jawbone Prime and I can barely step 4 feet away without getting fuzzy reception. My Motorola S9's had a little better range, but it was barely 7 feet before it got fuzzy. I've had iPhone's and other Bluetooth devices with better range. Is this common?
    12-23-09 09:24 PM
    I've only used Supertooth 3 Blue Ant for about the last 6 weeks, first using my old Samsung, now with my S2.

With both phones I would be connected for at least 50 feet, line of sight. My S2 even connects to my car from inside the house, 30 feet away. A bit of a nuisance at times if I'm not disconnected when a call comes in.

I love my Supertooth
    12-23-09 10:08 PM
    I mean I can't even put my phone in my pocket without it breaking connection... what use is my headset if I cant use it with my phone in my pocket lol
    12-23-09 10:54 PM
    It's like 6 ft for me and audio starts to break up. I'm on .428 but I never tried on .320
    12-23-09 11:01 PM
    I've only used Supertooth 3 Blue Ant for about the last 6 weeks, first using my old Samsung, now with my S2.

With both phones I would be connected for at least 50 feet, line of sight. My S2 even connects to my car from inside the house, 30 feet away. A bit of a nuisance at times if I'm not disconnected when a call comes in.

I love my Supertooth
    LoL ... same here. That Supertooth is great. I have had both, the 3 and the Light, prefer the Light. You are correct in that the Bluetooth goes around 300 feet, just what is advertised. I also use use a Vtec phone in the house and the Storm 2 connects up to it just fine. Pretty much wherever I go around the house, I am connected.
    12-24-09 08:24 AM
    Has anyone noticed that the Bluetooth range on the S2 is pretty bad? I have gone through 3 S2's now for various reasons and noticed that they were all consistently bad with Bluetooth range. I have a Jawbone Prime and I can barely step 4 feet away without getting fuzzy reception. My Motorola S9's had a little better range, but it was barely 7 feet before it got fuzzy. I've had iPhone's and other Bluetooth devices with better range. Is this common?
    Very common. I couldn't even put it in my pocket without getting static. I have to say though that the new OS leak .428 fixed this problem completely for me. They made several improvements regarding range and clarity. Even the bluetooth voice dialing is clearer. It had reminded me of the terrible connection I had with my palm treo but now all is good!
    12-24-09 08:34 AM
    The actual range of your BT is 30 unobstructed feet. Depending on what is around you that distance can drop significantly. Your body makes a better wall than an antenna for the Bluetooth frequencies so putting it in your pocket will actually decrease your range significantly. Whereas walls while they reduce signals the 2.4-2.6MHz that the BT radios run on will actually penetrate through them better than they will through the human body.
    12-24-09 08:48 AM
    I have a Jawbone Prime as well, and I can walk around my apartment (probably 25-30 linear feet, obstructed) with only the slightest drop in quality.

When my phone is within sight and range, I can walk all over my place and no drop in quality.

If you are still within the time period for an exchange, I would change out the Jawbone...mine works great.

*Edit - I didn't use mine prior to upgrading my S2 to 428, so I can't say if 428 fixed anything
    12-24-09 12:03 PM
    seems like a software issue to me then. i'm still running .320 (generally don't like to dive into any betas or hybrids just because i have to have my phone all the time and i hate having a useless paperweight). Oh well. Guess I will have to weight on .428.
    12-25-09 01:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD