I have my BB Tour 9630 for a few months now and with the help with a lot of you I am making progress

Question is hearing my music over my BT headset.

I have an older H700 which always worked great for me on all phones. Now I want to hear my BB music through my BT headset and it won't play through the H700.

Do I have to purchase a specific stereo BT headset for it to work? Or is there a workaround to get the music to play mono through H700 BT?

As always, TIA for any replies!

--
    rg56
    07-29-10 08:14 PM
    Yes. The headset must support A2DP stereo in order for the music from the BlackBerry to be sent to the Bluetooth headset.
    07-29-10 08:38 PM
    I ran into the same problem when I went from a cell phone to a BB at work. My old bluetooth headset didn't have the correct bluetooth profile for streaming music. I am using a Samsung WEP870 now (which the karma gods have seen fit to put a $20 rebate on at Amazon that took effect after I bought it - Go figure).

The headset itself works well.

I think the profile needed to stream music are A2DP (Advance Audio Distribution profile). There is another one called AVRCP (Audio video remote control profile) that allows the bluetooth device to control the playback of music.
    07-29-10 08:48 PM
    There is a free app in the BlueTooth forum which can sometimes work to allow mono headphones to work. It is called BTPLAY but I don't recall the thread title. It is its own player if I recall and does not use the media player.
    07-29-10 09:39 PM
    07-29-10 10:52 PM
    07-30-10 08:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD