New to Bluetooth and have lots of questions.

What can be transferred to/from a Blackberry using Bluetooth? Any BB to BB transfer options?

What devices can connect to BB via Bluetooth. Just found out our home printer and laptop are Bluetooth enabled so that's opening up a whole new world.

Anyone else tapping into the full Bluetooth potential beside using a Headset?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-28-09 03:56 PM
    If your stereo in your car is bluetooth you can use it to make and receive calls. You can also use it to stream music through your car stereo. Again you have to have the right stereo head unit. I think those are the coolest options, but have yet to try them out. I would be interested to see the sound quality of the music and how you navigate through songs. Other then those i use my bluetooth to transfer pictures and songs to and from my laptop when i'm too lazy to find my usb cord.
    03-28-09 03:59 PM
    The BT to BT possibilities are limitless. File transfers music and voice play and receive, printers, mice, modem. The problem is that specific devices only provide specific support. For instance, while the BB has support for stereo music play, my MOTO H500 (and many other hands free ear pieces).
    03-28-09 04:18 PM
    What's the mice option?
    03-28-09 04:22 PM
    For a PC you can get a bluetooth mouse. What I meant was that just because you have 2 BT devices doesn't mean that they can be used with each other. BB's have a limited number of bluetooth services available:WooHoo! The BlackBerry Curve’s Bluetooth Isn’t Crippled
    03-28-09 04:31 PM
    It would be nice to see an app for a cool remote for itunes on the BB. Or maybe streaming music from your computer to your device when in range.
    03-28-09 04:42 PM
    Any tips on which settings to set on the BB to make non-headset Bluetooth devices work?

03-28-09 04:56 PM
    03-28-09 05:23 PM
    Using Bluetooth, how can I transfer a file to the BB without putting the BB into Receive Using Blackberry mode? Looking for a more automatic solution.

Pushing a file from my BB to Bluetooth connected laptop works great and is automatic without placing laptop into Receive mode or using Desktop Manager.

Any ideas?

03-29-09 10:00 AM
    In order to send a file TO a Blackberry, you MUST initiate the transfer FROM the BlackBerry RECEIVING the file.

It's a security feature. There's no way around it currently.
    03-29-09 12:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD