i just loaded 5.0.0.190 to my bold and it seemed to be just fine until i tested out the bluetooth, i tried adding my friends pearl so i can file transfer but when im on the bluetooth i press the menu button but it wont let me press the menu button nuthing will pop up, it wont let me do anything. is there any fix for that. the software is amazing, just the bluetooth is getting on my nerves.
    08-26-09 11:40 PM
    BT doesn't work for me either. No fix that I know of.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-26-09 11:50 PM
    anyone find a fix on this one yet?

BT device carried over from previous OS, won't connect during call and can't delete device from Bluetooth setup.
    09-20-09 05:58 PM
    Yep..same issue here. Love the 5.0.238 code as its making my Bold very fast. But..I can't do anything with BT. When I click the menu button on the BT screen to delete a device, I get no menu. So..now I'm in a funky state with the BT and can't get it to sync with the "SYNC" in my truck. Hopefully the next release will resolve that. But..the OS is great!

TnT91
    10-17-09 11:44 PM
    Weird thing here.....I also upgraded to 5.0.0.238 and BT is working fine...
    pairing and receiving media is OK, so I guess it's not up to the firmware, it has to be something else....I wish I know what.

....only thing is that on Connections screen, when I power on BT, I get green On notification, but green check mark is missing, there is just dash!?
    And I could swear that there was green check mark always on, with "old" firmware.....

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems that all connections take much longer to become active than before....

BR

Hrvoje
    10-18-09 03:12 AM
    Weird thing here.....I also upgraded to 5.0.0.238 and BT is working fine...
    pairing and receiving media is OK, so I guess it's not up to the firmware, it has to be something else....I wish I know what.

....only thing is that on Connections screen, when I power on BT, I get green On notification, but green check mark is missing, there is just dash!?
    And I could swear that there was green check mark always on, with "old" firmware.....

Also, maybe it's just me, but it seems that all connections take much longer to become active than before....

BR

Hrvoje
    Strange! Im also on .238 and bt works just fine ( only tried it in my carkit) but its working fine, also get the green ok checkmark. I get the white dash on wifi although its connected. For me no problem because wifi is working ok also when it shows the dash... No issues with the speed though. All connect almost instantly.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 11:02 AM
    ...Yes, you are right cornholio!!!

As soon as I connected BB with handsfree in my car, green check mark apperared instantly!

...but I still have a feeling, no, I'm sure, that connections are taking too long to become active......dunno why!?

BR
    10-22-09 03:43 PM
    had a problem with the bold not auto-connecting to my audi for a while, would have to do a battery pull to get it to work again.

Out of anger for have OS 5.0+ and BBM 4.6 i downgraded back to OS 4.6 and then regretted it and upgraded again to OS 5.0..

from then on, bluetooth seemed to working fine and was able to connect to new devices as well...

try an OS reload?
    10-22-09 03:47 PM
    It works flawlessly for me on my BMW and my Tacoma. The BMW takes a full minute to connect, the Tacoma is near instant.
    10-22-09 06:40 PM
    I just updated to the leaked 5.0 software, I also love it, but blue tooth is screwed up like most of you mentioned...

BlueTooth Audio to Car Deck; OK
    BlueTooth Phone navigation; OK
    BlueTooth to Deck can dial also, but no audio comes out my car speakers anymore, just the phone. It has got to be an OS issue... hopefully i can hold out till the official release of OS 5 I dont want to go back!
    10-30-09 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD