I recently bought a Pearl and have been able to pair it w/ my MacBook.
    The Mac runs OSX 10.4 and the BB has 4.2, but I can't get the 2 of them to link via Bluetooth. I have PocketMac and looked for other downloads/updates, still I can't get the icon on my desktop toolbar to say that I have my bluetooth enabled. Any suggestions?
    10-30-07 07:32 PM
    You can't get the bluetooth enable on the Mac or the BB? Also, if you are pairing these so you can sync them you aren't going to be able to do it this way. You have to sync the BB via USB.
    10-31-07 09:29 AM
    On the Mac - the icon is not changing to recognize the Bluetooth from the BB. I know about syncing w/ USB - but want to be able to share files, etc. via bluetooth.
    11-01-07 02:30 PM
    I can't get any functionality from bluetooth. Just bought this phone -- an upgrade from a Nokia 6230. The Nokia would use iSync in Leopard (10.5) to flawlessly sync the Address Book and iCal calendar. No joy here yet.

Pity -- the 8120 had much promise. Does Missing Sync or PocketMac perform any better? What point is bluetooth if one can't cut the cord for using the Pearl? Seems an obvious programming choice for RIM.
    02-26-08 05:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD