Anyone find a way to get the bluetooth Motorokr S9 to work with the video player on their BBs? I have an 8830, and depsite already burning out 1 set of the S9's I like them alot but it won't play audio from the vidoe player. Any software updates or any tricks out there?

Thanks!
    11-20-08 05:04 PM
    I guess it would take some programming prowess to overcome the video sync issue in transmitting the audio over BT. I'm sure it can be done by allowing one to tweaking the syncing of audio and video but I'm not sure if just a new third party media player can do that or if the OS would need to be changed, too, or both.
    11-20-08 07:07 PM
    I'm not real sure why they won't sync the audio from the video's on the BB's because they work great with my laptop for watching videos there. They also work great with any mp3's I have on my media card also.
    11-20-08 11:31 PM
    I may not fully understand but the process of converting the audio to "broadcast Bluetooth signals" and then broadcasting them to the earpiece apparently slows the SOUND down so that it lags behind the video image you see. I gather that your laptop overcomes that lag by doing some quicker processing or "delaying" the video so that the lips stay in sync with the sound. Nothing affects mp3's since you are NOT VIEWING anything along with the sound.

Clearly, this is an issue that PROGRAMMING could fix but maybe the BB is not up to the task. Also, since the BB was originally a BUSINESS phone, there probably was not the interest to bother doing it. (I may be further wrong but I thought that I read that one of the newer BB's may actually be able to handle this????)

Aside: My Tomtom Gps can show movies using third party software. That software has a control to change the sync - so it can be done.
    11-21-08 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD