As a few others have reported, the bluetooth is definitely fooked on this o/s version. Introducing new bugs when everything worked just fine before? Wonderful.

I have two BT speakers that I stream music to. A Sony SRS-BTX300 and a JBL Flip. The Flip is working almost as well as it did before the upgrade. But the Sony is giving me major headaches. The pairing isn't the problem. Originally I was having problems with the pairing, so I deleted the paired device entries and started from scratch. After that, I was able to pair.

The problem is that I'll be streaming audio on the Sony and then at some point (sometimes within the first few seconds) the audio will just switch back to the handset. Also, the Z10 still says it is connected to the BT device. (The volume control says "media" and not "Sony"). I'll do a disconnect/connect...it says "connected successfully" and that it is connected...but it still won't output to the Sony. It just won't make the switch back to the BT device. Eventually, after trying different things like power cycling the Sony, rebooting the Z10, etc., I'll get it to work for awhile until the next time it does it. BTW, the handset is just a few feet away from the speaker. I had ZERO problems with the bluetooth and the Sony using previous versions of the o/s.

I believe what's happening is that (in a similar way to the wifi problems I've been experiencing), it's dropping packets, switches to the handset, and cannot re-establish communication even though it says it is connected. Even with a disconnect/connect, it just stops trying to communicate with the BT device. Ridiculous. If it says CONNECTED on the BT screen, and in that device's properties it shows all the profiles as being connected - then it should be outputting audio to the BT device and not the handset!

I like some of the new features in the upgrade, but between the wifi (radio) problems, the BT problems, and the battery depleting far faster than before, I am unfortunately and regretfully not loving this upgrade.
    01-31-14 12:17 AM
    Hi there
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm assuming you unpaired then paired up the BT? I have read of some BT problems.
    02-03-14 05:49 AM
    Hi there
    I'm sorry you're going through this. I'm assuming you unpaired then paired up the BT? I have read of some BT problems.
    Thanks. Yes, I've tried everything I can think of (pairing/unpairing, etc). It works fine with the JBL Flip. It's just the Sony that is causing problems. It seems to have settled down a bit now.

I have had three main issues w/ the upgrade: wifi instability, battery depleting too quickly, bluetooth instability. Each problem has improved versus the first few days after the upgrade. The battery issue makes sense due to many one-time system processing after an upgrade. But the wifi/BT? Weird. I was going to install the 1056 radio because I was getting so many dropouts for a few days after the upgrade, but the past few days have been much better, so I'll just wait and see. I wonder if the radio files have some sort of self-monitoring/self-correcting algorithm built in that would account for the improvement over time? Or perhaps the intense system processing during the first two days post-upgrade was the cause of the dropouts? I don't know.

On a brighter note, aptX really does sound much better than without it.
    02-03-14 10:13 AM
    They've got to fix this quick. My Z30 is awesome and all the new features of 10.2.1.XXXX are great but the Bluetooth now has a bug. I've paired to different car and gps devices no problem. When I connect to my Dr.Dre Beatbox, it pairs successfully but the sound continues to go to the phone speaker. Please FIX !!!
    02-05-14 06:32 PM
    canuckbear, I'm not sure how or if it's permanently "fixed", but I'm no longer having issues with that particular speaker.

Do you have aptx on that speaker? If so, make sure it's enabled. I did a series of things, like turning on aptx, deleting the device and starting over, resetting the speaker, etc. I have no idea why it wasn't working before or why it seems ot be working ok now, but it hasn't switched to the handset speaker in a number of days. It's acting like it should.

Of the three issues I had (battery, wifi, BT)...all three are now behaving normally. Bizarre.
    02-05-14 11:14 PM
    Looks like I spoke too soon. It just happened again. Had BT streaming music to the Sony and my camera app accidentally ran, which for some reason interrupted the streaming and the audio redirected to the handset even though the BT settings say it is connected to the Sony.

One way you can tell is that when you use the up/dn volume switches, it'll display "media volume" instead of the name of the bluetooth device.

I sincerely hope Blackberry developers are aware of this problem and fix it in the next update.
    02-07-14 01:41 PM
    Thanks for sharing your experience. I have no doubt they will fix it soon. Hope before summer when I spend lots of time at the pool with the boom box.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 03:57 PM
    Yikes. Just rebooted and all is fine!!!! I'm wondering if installing a bunch of apps put it in some sort of suspended state. Reboot after new app installs if you are experiencing issues.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-14 04:57 PM