Hi,

I have a BB 9700 Bold. I sent a file to my husband's phone - which used to be my old phone - a Sony Ericsson W980i and it sent fine - I paired the devices, made my phone discoverable and made sure my bluetooth was on.

For some reason, I can't send files from my BB to the Sony Ericsson. I have looked at other posts and seen the receive using bluetooth option but that doesn't work either. All I am getting is "file transfer waiting for connection" but nothing happens.

I even tried getting my husband to send the file transfer while that waiting for connection thing was on but nothing - his phone -which used to mine - is paired to my device and discoverable.

the only thing i haven't turned off is that it still says device encryption is on but have tried everything else. could someone help me with a step by step option if possible? would be eternally grateful!
    09-08-10 10:00 AM
    Okay - this is wierd - I tried it again, did the whole receive bluetooth thing and then tried to send an image file while that was on and it worked - on a different photo to the one i was trying to receive. so i said okay, it works. did it again, on the pic i was trying to get and it didn't - so i thought - okay this image was sent from my blackberry maybe it wont send it back to me fine, so tried another image on the phone and it didn't work.
    after that first time, have not been able to receive files again!!! please help!
    09-08-10 10:14 AM
    Just a quick update - somehow it seems to be working now by doing the whole "receive via bluetooth" option! go figure!

Also blackberryhelp on twitter were no help! their answer - "Bluetooth file transfer is only supported from one BB to another BB" and was I sending the file from a BB?" I guess they don't know their own product!
    09-08-10 02:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD