i CANNOT figure out how to send a file from my vista pro computer to my tour via bluetooth.

when i right click on my BT icon in the system tray, i get NO option to send or receive a file. I know how to set the tour waiting to recieve, but how on earth do you initiate a sending command on a vista machine!!

the pairing is good, because desktop manager syncs all my messages, etc, and i can SEND a file from my tour TO my PC, i just CANNOT figure out how to send a file from my vista pro computer to my tour via bluetooth.

HEEEEELP!

foggy
    02-12-10 12:39 AM
    When you click on the bt icon, what are your options? Are the send/receive GRAYED out or not even present? Did you check the bt settings (altho, I do not see any for file transfer). I've got Vista Home Premium. I did have some issues when I first installed the bt dongle. And I still get a message at bootup asking if it should install "something." But I do have the send/receive options showing and they work.
    02-12-10 08:35 AM
    When you click on the bt icon, what are your options? Are the send/receive GRAYED out or not even present? Did you check the bt settings (altho, I do not see any for file transfer). I've got Vista Home Premium. I did have some issues when I first installed the bt dongle. And I still get a message at bootup asking if it should install "something." But I do have the send/receive options showing and they work.
    hi f2,

when i rc on the bt icon, i get the following choices
    Explore my bluetooth places
    Add a bluetooth device
    Bluetooth configuration
    Quick Connect
    Stop the device

the quick connect option opens a series of options (one is file transfer, but onlys sends business cards from my outlook!) NONE of which is a send/recieve command.

i know what and how to use the send command, because i do it with my XP laptop, which has BT integrated, vs my BT USB dongle. is that maybe a clue

tia
    02-12-10 08:55 AM
    Did you say that BT does work with Desktop Manager? If so, it sounds like Vista found/uses your BT. I know the BT "drivers" or whatever that came with my Kensington Micro did NOT work on my Vista computer. I can't recall what hoops I jumped through but read threads here and on some google search finds. You might look in the Bluetooth forum and do some searches on VISTA.
    02-12-10 09:32 AM
    Can't you just right click on the file you want to send and choose, "send to" then bluetooth device? that's how I always did it.
    02-12-10 08:52 PM
    Can't you just right click on the file you want to send and choose, "send to" then bluetooth device? that's how I always did it.
    I do use that method, too.
    02-12-10 09:59 PM
    i wish!

if i right click on any given file, i do get the option to send a copy to the bluetooh exchange folder. reeeeealy helpful. sigh.
    02-12-10 10:34 PM
    You have to initiate the file transfer from the BlackBerry, not the computer. If you want to receive a file from your computer, you need to go to media>pictures>receive using Bluetooth and then select the picture in the folder on your PC and send it.
    02-12-10 10:52 PM
    You have to initiate the file transfer from the BlackBerry, not the computer. If you want to receive a file from your computer, you need to go to media>pictures>receive using Bluetooth and then select the picture in the folder on your PC and send it.
    not my problem. i can do that. how about from my computer to my BB.

thanks
    02-13-10 09:21 AM
    not my problem. i can do that. how about from my computer to my BB.

thanks
    Even if you want to send from the PC to the BlackBerry, you need to initiate the transfer with the BlackBerry. Select media>pictures>receive using Bluetooth (in the BlackBerry). After you do that, pick the file in the PC and select send to Bluetooth device, choose the BlackBerry and your picture will be sent.
    02-13-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD