I'm looking at getting the Plantronics 855 stereo BT headset. I listen to a lot of music and podcasts and I'm tired of having 2 differet ear pieces.

plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/mobile/bluetooth-headsets/voyager-855

I know I need a headset that supports A2DP (stereo music) right? This one does. I like that it has a removeable second stereo bud, too.

My big question is compatibility. I have the Curve 8330 on VZW. First, is this phone CAPABLE of streaming audio to Bluetooth?

Second, I'm using the blackberry media player, Mobiola sometimes, Podcatcher, etc. Does anyone know for certain one way or the other if any of these definitely does or does not work with output to BT?

Lastly, does anyone have other recommendations for BT headset for my purposes? I don't want a huge set of DJ style headphones...so something small.

Thanks all!
    02-11-09 01:12 PM
    i wish there were more posts to this question. i have a 8350i and want to hear my ringtones and music via bluetooth. emailing rim tonight!
    02-22-09 06:05 PM
    I am waiting for my blackberry to come in, within the the next two weeks I will need to invest in a good headphones bluetooth. The new blackberry can support this no problem, I just wonder how good the talk quality is
    02-22-09 09:28 PM
    I had the same problem.

By accident i found that the beta app called Podtrapper allows you to play podcasts or any audio file via your BT earpiece. Min BT is Blackberry 655 and it works fine.

The app is a beta and a bit clunky but its worth $10 just for this feature.
    03-06-09 06:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD