Hi, I have just got the blackberry pearl 8110 and i am having trouble with the bluetooth. it seems to find the connection and it pairs up, i have tried this with a computer and another phone, the problem is when i try and send a file, ie a photo on this occasion as a test it failed to send, i tried this from the computer to the phone and from another phone to the pearl. i think i have set everything up correctly and followed instructions from the book. can anyone help please.
    thanks
    darrin
    09-09-08 02:19 PM
    ... in my searches online, I found a free downloadable pdf of a full owner's manual that lists this solution as this:

Receive a media file using Bluetooth technology
    Verify that Bluetooth technology is turned on and that your BlackBerry device is paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.
    1. In the media application, click a media type.
    2. Press the Menu key.
    3. Click Receive Using Bluetooth.
    4. Click Yes.
    5. Click Save.

Forward a media file
    If you forward a media file using Bluetooth technology, verify that Bluetooth technology is turned on and that your BlackBerry device
    is paired with a Bluetooth enabled device.
    You can only forward media files that you added.
    1. In the media application, click a media type.
    2. If necessary, click a category.
    3. Highlight a media file.
    4. Press the Menu key.
    5. Click one of the following menu items:
    Send As Email
    Send As MMS
    Send Using Bluetooth

Mind you, I have not yet tried this myself, but the menus are saying what this says they should, so I have high hopes! (Crosses fingers)

BTW, this forum won't allow me to post a link to the manual I found until I have ten posts (?!), but I found it at onlinefreebooks dot net under gadget ebooks.

Hope it works for you!
    09-12-08 12:55 PM
    This works a treat. Thank you so much!
    10-24-08 09:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD