Has anyone experienced repeated dropping of a paired device while connected? I have various devices and auto reconnect, though for no apparent reason the connection is dropped and then reconnected within several seconds. I've watched the network signal strength, though not affecting the bluetooth, might indicate external interference.

>>CBK
    02-20-09 11:01 AM
    Has anyone experienced repeated dropping of a paired device while connected? I have various devices and auto reconnect, though for no apparent reason the connection is dropped and then reconnected within several seconds. I've watched the network signal strength, though not affecting the bluetooth, might indicate external interference.

>>CBK
    Are you around any type of RF equipment? I.E. CB radio's, 2-way satellite dishes, if you have multiple devices running at one time they could be conflicting with channels...
    02-20-09 11:06 AM
    No, This occurs in my Car with nothing other than my radio playing. Thought it might be RF interference as you indicated. Network strength is also affect by RF at times.
    02-20-09 11:09 AM
    I too have the same problem. Every time I walk out of a building in the sunlight I hear a beep and my plantronics connection is terminated, most of the time it reconnects within a minute or two. Sometimes it doesn't. I've called tech support a number of times and even received a replacement phone. If anything it happens more regularly now. They now want me to buy a new bluetooth headset. As a side note I also have the bluetooth also connected to my Nextel at the same time. No problem with that connection. I carry my storm in a leather holster with a magnetic strap on top. The phone is partially exposed on both sides. Today I flipped the phone upside down in the holster with the screen facing me and I didn't notice the phone dropping the connection like usual. Go figure. I don't know if its the sunlight, the magnet or what. I'll let you know if I figure it out.
    Elevdude
    Last edited by elevdude; 09-10-09 at 10:04 PM.
    09-10-09 09:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD