Hi, I know I keep posting about this but I really want to get by bluetooth to work with my BB 8120. I've seen all the threads and have followed all the directions but when I go to transfer an mp3 to my phone from my laptop I keep getting "transfer failed" on my phone and "The file transfer could not be completed because the connection was lost. Make sure your Bluetooth radio is plugged in and the devices are within range of each other." on my laptop. What am I doing wrong? My phone is set to receive via bluetooth, my desktop manager is set up, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....Thanks!
    05-31-08 02:25 AM
    Did you pair them?
    05-31-08 05:22 AM
    Did you pair them?
    Or is your bluetooth in pairing mode at the time?
    05-31-08 06:28 AM
    Yep they are paired. Bluetooth is enabled. And they are both connected.
    05-31-08 01:33 PM
    delete pairing, pull battery with power on, and then repair
    05-31-08 01:59 PM
    ok i pulled battery and now all I have a white screen with an hourglass...
    05-31-08 02:14 PM
    ok did all that...removed batterry and repaired. and still get "The file transfer could not be completed because the connection was lost. Make sure your Bluetooth radio is plugged in and the devices are within range of each other."
    05-31-08 02:21 PM
    ok did all that...removed batterry and repaired. and still get "The file transfer could not be completed because the connection was lost. Make sure your Bluetooth radio is plugged in and the devices are within range of each other."
    I get "Bluetooth connection failed" attempting to connect between my BlackBerry Pearl 8100 and both my Nokia 3110 Classic and my Nokia 7650 as well as my Windows XP PC. The two Nokia 'phones can talk to each other and to the PC just fine.

Why is the BlackBerry such a problem?
    12-13-08 07:07 AM
    I think the problem is your pc. Not sure what kind you have. On mine I can't connect them by just looking for other devices. I use the file transfer wizard, find my file, search for devices by using that wizard and it finds it. Then I can transfer it. Hth.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-08 09:48 PM
    Each sequences of steps assumes that you are starting from the main menu.

Pairing BlackBerry and Computer

On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Add Device
    2. Select your device from the list of available Bluetooth devices
    3. Enter the passkey

On the Computer
    1. Enter the passkey when the window pops up

Configure BlackBerry to Receive Files
    On the BlackBerry
    1. Manage Connections -> Bluetooth Options -> Press the menu key and select Options
    2. Change the Discoverable setting to Yes

If you want to be able to transfer to your BlackBerry, this setting needs to be enabled. It is not necessary if all you want to do is send files from the BlackBerry.

Upload Photo from Computer to BlackBerry
    Potential Usage: Transfer a picture to use as a background or for caller ID on the BlackBerry.

On the BlackBerry
    1. Media -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

Upload Music from Computer to BlackBerry
    On the BlackBerry
    1. Musc -> Press the menu key and select Receive Using Bluetooth
    2. You should see a message on the phone that says Waiting for Connection.
    3. go to bluetooth on computer and click on send file and follow instructions.

Fantastic!!!!
    Last edited by mariebb; 03-21-09 at 09:13 PM. Reason: change wording
    03-21-09 09:02 PM
    Hi guys!

I've been pretty self-sufficient with tech issues on BB's...and if I'm stumped I'd just head here for assistance. But this particular problem's just not working out for me...

My Curve 8900 is running on the latest software (at least that's what the DM says) and it's doing pretty OK.

However, when I connect my bluetooth to another device (usually a phone), it's quite "selective"--meaning, it connects to some and doesn't with others...despite our checking that both phones are: (1) discoverable, (2) entering the numeric passkey set, and (3) of course bluetooth capable.

I seem to notice this happening more frequently lately -- and I'm having less and less connectivity with pretty much anything. Could there be something wrong with my bluetooth? My settings are correct, last time I checked.

Can anybody help me fix this?
    12-17-09 01:51 AM
    I have problem too, when I turn my bluetooth on, automaticly show me "Connecting to NELITO-PC failed .. what should I do ?
    05-18-10 07:15 AM
    I can connect to PCs fine, but I can't connect to any other phones.
    05-25-10 01:16 AM
    No one ever has an answer for this.

I mean, usually you get a driver solution for your computer, but when it comes to a failure even at that or a bluetooth headset, there will never be a solid answer. And personally, I'm gettin sick of the constant inconsistencies that Blackberry has.

The only time I have ever come relatively close to successfully connecting my headset with my BB is after I ran diagnostic tests (Options>Status>(type "test") or occasionally after a battery pull.

I have a decent-condition Tour 9630 and recently upgraded to the new official OS release (with no real known issues) so I just don't understand why a lower end phone like my old Samsung flip phone can have a better chance at BT pairing than an up-to-date Blackberry. WTF it's annoying as ****. G**damn Dingleberries...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come to think of it, try the Fonzi method. It works better than anything other suggestions people have.
    Last edited by JJR87; 01-21-11 at 04:59 PM.
    01-21-11 04:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD