I just bought the new blackberry pearl 8120 and I was trying to connect my phone to my mac book laptop. On my old phone I could send music pictures etc but now it won't let me and it an error message comes up saying wrong features does anyone know how to help me with this?
    04-12-08 03:28 PM
    i got the same problem with my blackberry pearl 8100 and my mac book laptop i cant bluetooth to save my life ....help me
    04-16-08 01:07 AM
    I have the same problem right now, can't seem to fix it
    05-15-08 09:45 PM
    I don't think Apple makes it compatible for these services. You can see the list of phones on Apple's site. Services are limited on the blackberry devices.
    05-15-08 09:54 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me. Whenever I want to transfer photos of ringtones to my 8120 I initiate the transfer with the BB.

I do the following:
    On BB
    - Go into media
    - Select the type of media I want to transfer
    - Hit the BB(options) button
    - Select - Receive using Bluetooth
    - It then asks me if i want to enable bluetooth, I say yes
    - Then says file transfer waiting for connection
    On Mac
    - Go to BT and select send file
    - Select File
    - Select the BB
    - Hit transfer

I think that's it. I have sent numerous ringtones and pictures this way even. When I try it the other way (starting with the Mac) my Mac tells me the device doesn't support that service.

Hope this helps.

-UIM
    05-24-08 02:03 PM
    Not sure if this will help, but it worked for me. Whenever I want to transfer photos of ringtones to my 8120 I initiate the transfer with the BB.

I do the following:
    On BB
    - Go into media
    On Mac
    - Select File
    - Select the BB
    - Hit transfer

I think that's it. I have sent numerous ringtones and pictures this way even. When I try it the other way (starting with the Mac) my Mac tells me the device doesn't support that service.

Hope this helps.

-UIM

I do it the same way as well! It works fine for me. I am running Leopard. If you are having too many problems you can also buy a usb card reader, then all you have to do is put your memory card in it and plug it into your mac and drag what you want to the card. I carry the usb card reader in my purse its so small.
    05-24-08 04:25 PM
    Wow, thanks, it worked with my new imac and 8330 Telus Curve.
    05-24-08 06:12 PM
    I tried the following:
    I do the following:
    On BB
    - Go into media
    On Mac
    - Select File
    - Select the BB
    - Hit transfer

But I always get file transfer error. Any help??? I have tried both ways, initiating from Mac and from BB, but neither works.
    Does anyone know how much memory comes with the Pearl without the memory card??? Maybe this is the problem. I am using a Mac OS X 10.4
    06-05-08 10:58 PM
    I tried the following:
    I do the following:
    On BB
    - Go into media
    On Mac
    - Select File
    - Select the BB
    - Hit transfer

But I always get file transfer error. Any help??? I have tried both ways, initiating from Mac and from BB, but neither works.
    Does anyone know how much memory comes with the Pearl without the memory card??? Maybe this is the problem. I am using a Mac OS X 10.4
    I have a curve and it is doing the same thing. I reversed the process using the bb first i can get as far as receiving the file and choosing save but the second it starts to transfer it says "failed" connection failed. anyone have any solutions?
    06-09-08 03:54 PM
    My mac can't even find my BB when I try to send the flie. I can't even get to an error message. I have a pearl 8100, and I'm running Tiger. Any help?
    06-19-08 12:54 PM
    I have a curve and it is doing the same thing. I reversed the process using the bb first i can get as far as receiving the file and choosing save but the second it starts to transfer it says "failed" connection failed. anyone have any solutions?
    For the failed connection error, if you are trying to transfer music I may have a response. When you go to choose the song on the bluetooth file transfer screen, you may notice that in the upper left hand corner of the icon next to each song there may or may not be a padlock. The songs with the padlock are protected and will not transfer. The ones without are good to go. It took me a while to realize this so I hope this helps!!
    06-26-08 11:49 PM
    Awesome! Works for me with my 8100 and Mac OS 10.4! Thanks!
    08-30-08 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD