Anybody having a problem with the audio controls. I have a motorola t605 for the car, everything works but the control to advance the songs, it worked on my storm1, i tried deleting and rediscovering with no luck ...any ideas
    11-09-09 10:14 PM
    I'm using rocketfish headphones and all my controls work.
    11-09-09 10:16 PM
    I have the same bluetooth and it worked great with OS 4.7. I upgraded to 5.0 and the controls you mentioned were lost, Audible Books played for about 30 seconds at a time, and the hands-free operation went ka-blooey (technical term).

I spent a couple hours on the phone with RIM and was told that it's not the software's fault (!) and that the changes are probably more in line with industry specs.

I have since downgraded to 4.7.
    11-13-09 10:02 AM
    I have the same bluetooth and it worked great with OS 4.7. I upgraded to 5.0 and the controls you mentioned were lost, Audible Books played for about 30 seconds at a time, and the hands-free operation went ka-blooey (technical term).

I spent a couple hours on the phone with RIM and was told that it's not the software's fault (!) and that the changes are probably more in line with industry specs.

Wow, that is terrible!
    11-13-09 11:00 AM
    Yeah, I kind of thought so, too, since the good things about 5.0 were greatly appreciated. But I use the Storm so much in my car that these features were of higher priority.

Does RIM have any kind of bug-reporting system? I looked online and couldn't find one. It would be good if they read these forums. The TiVo guys read the forums about their products.

By the way, the hands-free part I was talking about was voice-dialing. It just didn't work they way it used to, which was flawlessly.
    11-13-09 11:32 AM
    Regarding Storm 1....did you restore all your BT profiles from a backup file when it didn't work?

In other threads I have seen many people have fixed this issue by repairing their devices. Sounds like Storm 2 maybe has a similar issue....

My controls work fine....people have been complaining about this since .230 and I had it work fine with Ford/Microsoft/active sync on .230 (a rental car I had at the time).

They also currently work fine on .327 and were working fine on .328 for me using the AV controls on my BT headphones which should be the same profile...if they don't work I would make VZW take care of it since it should work, it works for others, and it's their official release software.

I have been wondering if the Voice Dialing is better on Storm 2...on the current OS on Storm 1 it's unusably bad. Is it usable on Storm 2?
    11-13-09 11:39 AM
    Tech support had me wipe the Storm 1 so the BT profiles were re-created. Are you using the Motorola T605? RIM is saying that according to Motorola, the T605 isn't supported on recent BB models. But I think that says more about the currency of the Motorola website than compatibility, as it used to work fine for me and still does now that I've downgraded.

I didn't try voice dialing directly to the phone before I downgraded -- only through the bluetooth. But again, a feature that used to work, and I don't use it any way other than through bluetooth.
    11-13-09 11:56 AM
    I had the problem too but all I did was wipe all the bt stuff and recreate it and now it works great. I'm using a Sony bt deck in my truck. Might wanna give it a try.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-13-09 01:27 PM

if you have the storm 1 you can install the bluetooth cod file from an earlier 5.0 version that the controls worked on (i forgot wich one) . use bbsak to install the cod file it should work. As far as the storm 2 i think im screwed
    11-14-09 07:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD