Hey all,

I do not know much about bluetooth headsets at all, and i'd rather not use one, but the call volume on my pearl is horrendous and i feel i have no choice.

I was originally looking into the Motorola H500*because they sell it in pink* and then i found out it got horrible reviews. I did a google search for pink bluetooth and this BlueAnt brand popped up.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything regarding this brand. It's the BlueAnt X3 Micro. I found it on amazon for 37 bucks and i don't want to buy it unless i know its a solid product.

Thank you in advance
    05-23-08 10:03 PM
    I have one and do not use it at all because the ear piece is too big and was very uncomfortable to me. I also got a great deal of static and couldn't hold my phone on the opposite side of my body without a ton of interference. To be fair, part of the problem could be Pearly's poor Bluetooth issues, not BlueAnt's!

I have a Motorola and a Plantronics Bluetooth earpieces which are much more comfortable. The Plantronics has similar interference issues but the Motorola isn't as bad.

All in all, the Blueant is reliable, but I found it very uncomfortable.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-08 10:12 PM
    Hmm, thats a very good point about it being uncomfortable. I saw a CNet review that said the same thing, and i'm a girl as it is i have a hard time finding sunglasses and such bc my head is too small LOL maybe it wouldnt be such a good idea.

Do you know what brand of motorola you have? I might just go pick up the H500 from VZW, i only really need it for in the car when it's impossible to hear...LOL I have 30 return if i hate it. But thank you for the good point, if its uncomfortable i won't care how well it works
    05-24-08 01:10 PM
    Oh boy!! I gave you some WRONG information!! The "Motorola" I referred to above is actually a Plantronics Voyager 855...

Here is the link: http://shop.crackberry.com/plantronics-voyager-855-bluetooth-headset/9A115A3033.htm

I really think it is one of the best headsets I've ever used!! You can use one ear or two!!

The reason I think the BlueAnt earpiece I have is uncomfortable is becuase the piece that fits IN the ear is too big for my ear. If you already have difficulty they it will probably be the same for you as well!

Sorry for the bum information...
    05-25-08 09:55 PM
    i use a blueant x3 micro and I LOVE IT i have used a binch of BT headsets and this is my favorite so far, it comes in pink also (my gf uses it) i have no problems with interference or static or anything and the volume is great i find myself turning it down all of the time
    05-26-08 12:42 AM
    i use a blueant x3 micro and I LOVE IT i have used a binch of BT headsets and this is my favorite so far, it comes in pink also (my gf uses it) i have no problems with interference or static or anything and the volume is great i find myself turning it down all of the time
    hmm is it confortable for your gf?? I have a a hard enough time finding sunglasses that fit, so im nervous about ordering a BT that i cant return tat may/may not be comfortable. I mean i can deal with it as i would only use it in the car, as long as it doesn't fall out!!

I mean even the ipod buds hurt my ears, i had to buy bose ones with the changeable pieces LOL!!
    05-27-08 09:41 PM
    i just brough the HOT PINK x3 and it wasnt uncomfy for me at all. I was on the phone for about 1/2 an hour and i only caught static when i went under a semi-long bridge.I have a 8900 so maybe its a pearl issue? All in All the product itself is great.
    04-02-09 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD