Hey all, I've noticed that there isn't a lot of action in this forum, but I'm really hoping for some help here. I've done some extensive searching around the internet without an answer to my very simple question...

Will the voice command controls ("blue ant speak to me") of the BlueAnt S4 visor clip bluetooth work with the native BlackBerry VAD?

I know it will do multiple voice activated things with Vlingo installed, but I have absolutely no desire to install or use that program. I don't have any need or wish to send any form of message via speech. All I want out of this bluetooth device is to be able to answer and place voice activated calls without pressing any button on either my phone or bluetooth piece.

Any help or advisement would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-11-11 12:36 PM
    I am using the S4 with my 8900 and was using an supertooth lite prior to that.

The voice command on the S4 DOES work with the 8900's VAD. I can place and accept calls without pressing any buttons.
    04-14-11 07:09 AM
    The S4 works great with the Bold 9900 as well. Nice little unit, no need to touch the S4 other than when you first get in the vehicle to recognize the phone, everything else is hands free! Plays audio files (if you want) as well. Can even utilize a feature called favourites, it connects to Bing 411 for various services, though quite limited here in Canada.

fwiw
    01-03-12 12:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD