I have Bold 9000, and the latest DTM software. I have been having periodic crashes on plugging in my Bold for 6 months now. I'm on my second Bold, and it happens on my laptop too.

So that is two Bolds, two computers, two operating systems (Win 7 & Vista), a variety of versions of DTM.

I can't believe I;m the only one with the problem but I can't work out what is wrong. I read some stuff about problems with the USB hub stack or something but that seemed quite old.

I'd really appreciate some help pls
    03-17-10 04:24 PM
    I had similar issues and found out it was the drivers for my HP USB printer. I found this out my rebooting after the blue screen and when windows asked me if I wanted to send an error report I chose "Yes". It gave me details of the software causing the issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-17-10 05:09 PM
    Guys, I'd really appreciate some input here, I find it hard to believe it is just me...

Oneshortsleeve... how did you resolve it?
    03-24-10 01:32 AM
    Could it be a power issue. I have found that if I have too many usb devices (extra hard drives and an CARD reader) attached when I boot my Vista Home premium, all I get is a beep and black screen with one cursor. In other words it will not boot. If I detach those various drives, then the system boots - I suspect a power issue but I'm not sure. So maybe if you have an issue and the connection to the phone is sufficient to "blow" the Windows system????
    03-24-10 09:24 AM
    Guys, I'd really appreciate some input here, I find it hard to believe it is just me...

Oneshortsleeve... how did you resolve it?
    I updated Windows, and I uninstalled and reinstalled the Updated HP Driver. The error report stated it as a known issue and provided me with a link to correct it.
    03-25-10 03:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD