Hi im new here...consider myself hooked even b4 getting a BB....just a question to all experience users, i was browsing through ebay etc and realised there are 2 different type of packaging for BB devices, namely the blue box & the more common white boxes. Are there any difference at all? any 'fake' BBs out there? Just want to be careful and not be a victim of scam...hehe...prolly some1 can enlighten me?
    08-09-08 07:50 AM
    First...Welcome to Crackberry!!

They may have switched the design on the box. When I bought mine of eBay it was a white box with their logo's and some image.

Just keep an eye out for the seller's rating. As long as they have a good rating you should be good.
    08-09-08 07:56 AM
    Mine from AT&T last Feb was in a blue box.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 08:06 AM
    Sorry, make that an Orange and white box.

08-09-08 08:07 AM
    thanks 'master berry' patrick aha..appreciate u took teh time to look back at ur box....well most of them seems to have good ratings...just curious y the diff boxes....possible they're refurbished set being sold off as new, complete with new casing n boxes, and a way for telco/RIM to differentiate their own products? anyway, negotiating for an 8820...hah cant wait
    08-09-08 11:50 AM
    Some may use a white box for rebate purposes. They may be keeping the original box.

Not sure, does the white box have all the BB logos and writings on it?
    08-09-08 11:59 AM
    We still don't get rebates here...
    08-09-08 12:05 PM
    oh yeah, when i say white box i mean the ones u normally c on att/t-mo boxes, white base with some logos & pictures and of cos the BB branding....aother type is the blue base box..also with some pictures & BB logos...i remember seeing some1 in ebay condemnming those with blue box..though i cant seem to find the add and i dont remember what exactly he said....just happen that now i'm scouting for a BB...thus...cos i realised there are many others who are scouting ard for BB's on ebay and such...would be good if we can ascertain the differences..cos the boxes might tell some tale about conditions of the product....yeah im a fussy customer, haha...but what i buy is usually good..at least by my standard
    08-09-08 01:08 PM
    Mine from Orange came in a blue and white box with pictures and logos on.
    08-09-08 01:27 PM
    My sprint curve came 2 months ago in a blue box. Ordered directly through Sprint.

08-09-08 01:28 PM
    my 8320 was sold back in november, directly from the tmo store in the white box
    08-09-08 10:43 PM
    Never noticed the different packaging
    08-09-08 10:46 PM
    My 8320 came in a white box. I forget what my 8310 came in.
    08-09-08 11:14 PM
    This is just an assumption, but I think that the refurb phone comes in a White box. That's just an observation from when I pick up my replacement phone at the store, it was in a White Box.

08-10-08 12:06 AM
    Both my 8300 and 8310 came in Orange and White Boxes with ATT/RIM pic of the phone in each respective box! My 8300 was opened in the store to put my sim in it and my 8310 I broke the rim seal when ATT warranty sent me a new phone even though they said I was getting a refurbed!

Charlie
    08-10-08 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD