Would it be okay to blow dry my BSE?

I can't stand waiting 24 hours
    04-18-09 04:05 PM
    I wouldn't. I blow dry skins when I want to REMOVE them.
    04-18-09 04:07 PM
    I think the instructions say not too. I would follow those instructions like scripture

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 04:13 PM
    I do and have in the past. Low heat for a few min. Works great.
    04-18-09 04:18 PM
    I do and have in the past. Low heat for a few min. Works great.
    Finally a yes.

lol would it be better to use the cool setting?
    04-18-09 04:20 PM
    DON'T DO IT!!!! You could heat up and melt the delicate circuts.

04-18-09 04:22 PM
    Why not just pop it in the oven? Remember shrinky-dinks?
    04-18-09 04:23 PM
    As long as you're careful and don't try to cook your berry you should be fine. Very, very low heat, low speed maybe 10min let it set ect. It would be better to let the adhesive cure at the temp/pace it was designed to though

04-18-09 04:26 PM
    Finally a yes.

lol would it be better to use the cool setting?
    Low setting should be fine. Just go back and forth. don't stay in one spot. I have been doing it for 2 years on all my devices and not a problem.
    04-18-09 04:29 PM
    Why not just pop it in the oven? Remember shrinky-dinks?
    Gotta love crackberry and the helpful morons.

Thanks, Imma put in on the low cold setting for a couple of minutes.
    04-18-09 04:29 PM
    I think the instructions say not too. I would follow those instructions like scripture

I wouldn't. I blow dry skins when I want to REMOVE them.
    DON'T DO IT!!!! You could heat up and melt the delicate circuts.

No where in their instructions, does it not say so. But if you look when it's talking about edges waiting 15-30 min to get them held down. this is when low heat helps out. Plus help cure the skin on..

Best Skin Ever Application Instructions. Please read all of the instructions before you begin. Don't get ahead of yourself.
    The pictures in the instructions are of a Nano skin application but these general instructions apply to all skins. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected].
    Suggestions before you begin…
    DO NOT APPLY WATER DIRECTLY TO YOUR DEVICE!!!!
    We can’t stress this enough.
    Apply the front skin to your device first. This way the front is protected when you turn it over to apply the rear skin.
    You can do the entire application in a steamy bathroom if you're concerned about dust trapping under the skin during application.
    These instructions apply to the front and rear application with the exception of the extra steps to fold over the side flaps of the rear skin.
    1. TURN YOUR DEVICE OFF AND ENGAGE THE HOLD SWITCH!!!!! Take out the battery if it's removable
    2. Wash your hands and clean any fingerprints from your device. Next, in a spray bottle, mix about 1/4 teaspoon of mild liquid soap with about 10 oz. water to make the application solution. Baby shampoo or liquid dish soap work best. Stay away from soaps with additives such as creamy hand soaps.
    3. Identify the function pieces of the Skin and determine what parts of the device they are applied to.
    Tip: Keeping your finger tips wet with solution will prevent your fingers from sticking to the adhesive and leaving finger prints on the under side of the skin.
    4. Spray your fingers with the solution and peel the skin from the liner. Spray the adhesive side thoroughly as you peel it from the liner. Do not lose track of which side of the Skin was stuck to the liner! This is the side that will adhere to the device.
    Note: If you don't have a spray bottle you can simply mix the solution in a shallow dish and dip the Skin into the solution.
    Tip: We highly suggest using a spray bottle when applying large pieces such as laptop Skins. It helps to have an extra hand with the large pieces to spray the Skin as you peel it from the liner. The solution will prevent the Skin from folding over and sticking to itself once it's removed from the liner.
    5. Lightly shake excess water from the Skin. It doesn’t need to be dripping wet; a thin film of solution works the best.

6. Slowly lay the Skin onto the device and slide it into position. The Skin should slide freely on the surface of your device at this point. If it doesn’t, try adding a little more soap to your water and re-wetting the film.
    7. Begin by pressing some of the water out from under the film with your fingers being careful not to move the Skin from it’s place.
    8. Use a credit card (or something similar) to squeegee the remainder of water and bubbles out from under the film.
    **If you see bubbles you are unable to remove or are unhappy with the placement of your Skin, now is the time to remove it and return to step 1. After it has set up for 15 minutes or more you may not be able to remove the Skin without stretching it.

9. If you are applying a skin with flaps, corners or areas that won’t stick down, give the Skin about 15-30 minutes for the solution to evaporate. Then wrap the area over and press it down with your thumb or palm of your hand for about 30 seconds.
    Note: It's important to understand the adhesive is not water-soluble. Adding more solution to areas that are having trouble adhering will only prolong the issue.
    10. After pressing down the last area, we suggest that you let the Skin set up for 24 hours before turning on the device. The look of the Best Skins Ever will improve over the next 24-48 hours as the water and small bubbles dissipate and the adhesive sets up.
    Tip: Take the time to store your extra Skins in the envelope or a zip lock bag. Do Not store any unused skins face to face. They will stick together.
    Removal: When you're ready to remove the Skin you can simply peel it off. For best results peel slowly and don't peel the Skin back over itself. Peel the Skin away from itself at an angle of 45 degrees or less.
    04-18-09 04:32 PM
    Right, but it also doesn't say you should. It's your life, it won't explode or anything and you'd have to keep it under the dryer for an hour to melt it. It just may or may not look perfect.
    04-18-09 04:35 PM
    Right, but it also doesn't say you should. It's your life, it won't explode or anything and you'd have to keep it under the dryer for an hour to melt it. It just may or may not look perfect.
    I never said he should do it. He asked if it would be okay. And yes it would
    04-18-09 04:43 PM
    It also doesn't say not to put it in the oven, but that doesn't make it ok. lol.
    04-18-09 04:45 PM
    It also doesn't say not to put it in the oven, but that doesn't make it ok. lol.
    HAHA Ya true but I really hope common sense would go into effect there.
    04-18-09 04:49 PM
    I say don't do it, besides you can use your phone with no problem after a few hrs, just be careful with it. alternatively, you could try the microwave.
    04-18-09 05:06 PM
    I am all for the grill, just don't let the flames get to high.

04-18-09 10:19 PM
    I'm with Yester18 on this. I have a BSE on 5 different devices and
    have used the blow dryer to set and cure every one of them. Low heat, no
    closer than 6 inches. Worked every time.
    04-18-09 10:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD