Is there any way to block unwanted calls and text messages on BlackBerry 10 natively?

Posted via CB10
    04-27-15 01:16 AM
    no. Not that I know of. I believe you need to add a third party app.
    04-27-15 05:46 AM
    I f you save the phone numbers in your contacts, you can give them silent ringtones or remove notifications altogether. That way the calls and texts will still come in, but they won't bother you. I have quite a few contacts named Ignore, Google Scam, Loan Scam, Telemarketing, etc.

There are third party apps that let you create blacklists so calls and texts don't get through at all. I don't know if the blacklisted callers get a 'not in service' notification or if their calls go straight to vmail.

Posted via CB10 from my awesome Passport
    04-27-15 06:52 AM
    I f you save the phone numbers in your contacts, you can give them silent ringtones or remove notifications altogether. That way the calls and texts will still come in, but they won't bother you. I have quite a few contacts named Ignore, Google Scam, Loan Scam, Telemarketing, etc.

There are third party apps that let you create blacklists so calls and texts don't get through at all. I don't know if the blacklisted callers get a 'not in service' notification or if their calls go straight to vmail.

Its funny because I can remember as far back as when Cyanogen came out with their first custom ROM for Android way back when and had call and message blocking built in the the OS and even had wild card functions for 800 numbers and such. Samsung has the same functions built right into the touch wiz interface on their devices for some time now. We shouldn't have to be adding additional contacts to block numbers for a simple code modification to have this functionality.

Why can't Blackberry have the same function built right into the OS??? With all that engineering talent up there in Water you can't tell me they shouldn't have had the function by now. This type of feature would also be more then welcome on the business and/or enterprise sector too. Sometimes I wonder if they are really listening to what the customer is asking for?
    04-27-15 07:15 AM
    That is exactly what I do to block numbers. List the blocked number in your contacts, then turn off all notifications. Works well for me.

Posted using my  Z10 
    04-27-15 08:00 AM
    Its funny because I can remember as far back as when Cyanogen came out with their first custom ROM for Android way back when and had call and message blocking built in the the OS and even had wild card functions for 800 numbers and such. Samsung has the same functions built right into the touch wiz interface on their devices for some time now. We shouldn't have to be adding additional contacts to block numbers for a simple code modification to have this functionality.

Why can't Blackberry have the same function built right into the OS??? With all that engineering talent up there in Water you can't tell me they shouldn't have had the function by now. This type of feature would also be more then welcome on the business and/or enterprise sector too. Sometimes I wonder if they are really listening to what the customer is asking for?
    BlackBerry used to give blocking options in BBOS, but Canadian telcos disabled that functionality. Something about their service mandate. I remember calling Telus and asking why I couldn't use the Block Number option on my Torch, and the reply was that Telus was required to put the calls through. The rep did say that there were 3rd party apps available to block calls. So it looks like BlackBerry stopped even trying to build this functionality into the OS.

04-27-15 10:45 AM