I just purchased a Curve 8520 off craigslist. The phone is from T-mobile and some how I managed to lock the SIM. I have the code to unlock the phone but when I put ANY SIM chip in the phone I am asked for a PIN code. Since I am now locked, I need the PUK code to unlock it. T-Mobile will not give it to me since I don't have service with them or wasn't the original owner. I tried contacting the person that sold it to be but no luck. Am I screwed? Is there any other way around this? I want to unlock the phone so I can use it overseas.
    01-08-11 09:28 PM
    The PUK code can be obtained via your service provider. the PUK code has to do with your service provider SIM that you have in the phone.
    01-08-11 09:41 PM
    That is the problem. There is no SIM. The only SIM I have is from an overseas provider.
    01-08-11 10:48 PM
    If you have an account with T-mobile they will give you the PUK code, i have T-mo and have done this a few times.
    01-08-11 11:45 PM
    If there is no SIM in the phone it should just be a Blackberry password. A PUK will only be asked if you insert a SIM that has been locked. In that instance if it was your own SIM card, then you should be able to get the PUK code from your carrier as each SIM has a unique PUK code
    01-08-11 11:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD