11-23-08 10:12 AM
- Next week I am going to add my personal BB on my company's BES. I know they use an IT Policy and block 3rd party apps from being installed or running updates. If 3rd party apps are already installed you can use them but once the policy is dropped on you can no longer install new ones. Is there an easy way to block or remove the IT Policy temporarily to run installs or upgrades without having to wipe the BB completely and reattaching to the BES?11-22-08 07:00 PM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorYou should think long and hard about putting your personal phone on a corporate BES. You are giving the IT dept control of every aspect of your phone, not just 3rd party software. Plus, you are surrendering any privacy in your communications. Here's a relevant note from the FAQ:
Can a BES administrator read my PIN and/or SMS messages and see my phone call logs?
Yes, if the BES is version 4.1 or newer and the device is o/s code 4.1 or later.
- Starting with BES 4.1, the BES admin can log all PIN and SMS messages to the BES server, including the content of those messages.
- BlackBerry Messenger messages and conversations can also be audited by the BES administrator.
- In addition, the administrator can view all phone calls made/received to the device including date/time, number dialed, and the name of the person you are calling or who called you if that name is listed in your contact list.
Source: BES Users FAQ - BlackBerryFAQ11-22-08 11:02 PM
- Pete6Retired ModeratorJust to reinforce what JeffH said (Jeff is on a BES system so he knows), here is a thread from yesterday http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/adm...rm-help-99315/ that may halp you decide.11-23-08 08:30 AM
- jeffhRetired ModeratorAlong the lines of Pete's post, I'm probably about to lose my Media Card as well. We just got a new security directive prohibiting using personal storage devices in official equipment. USB and SD storage devices were specifically called out. Since my employer has not provided ANY media cards, it's reasonable to assume that ALL of them in our BlackBerries will stop working at some point.
Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com11-23-08 08:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD