Looking at the recent leaks of blend gave me the idea of how to make 'dumb' accessories work with bb10.

There are two terminals I am hoping BlackBerry makes:
    1. Dumb tablet - short term
    2. Dumb pc - long term

1. Dumb tablet.
    I would like to see a razor thin tablet that is basically a screen with a processor and some ram. Maybe a small amount of storage for settings and that's it.
    The idea is the same that has floated around here for a while. The data all resides on the phone and the tablet and phone both utilize each other's ram and processors to bump up the total specs via qnet.
    On powering up the tablet would load a very minimal os (more Qnx than even bb10) almost instant on type of os.
    The default 'desktop' background is BlackBerry blend. If the bb10 phone is within range a bottom bar like in the PlayBook would appear giving access to all the phones apps and data (apps scaled of course for the tablet).
    However, if the phone is out of range the tablet is still not useless. A user would still have blend preloaded to interact with. No bottom bar would be there and the user can only interact with blend (preloading a browser would be good too).

On first glance, blend looks like a souped up desktop. It already has a place for minimized apps on the right. It has access to all a user's emails, text, etc.
    Utilizing the bottom bar and merging it with the play books method of an app drawer would allow a pretty seamless way of using the tablet with or without a bb10 nearby.

2. Pc. Will write another time, wrote too much already, but similar concept except apps have to switch to desktop mode as nobody wants to use an app designed for a phone on a pc.

Posted via CB10
    Playbook007 likes this.
    08-24-14 07:45 AM
    Its one of those ideas that need to be done correctly. For all the potential BB had with the playbook and the bridge it was squandered IMO.
    adjdudley21 likes this.
    08-24-14 08:01 AM
    This I believe is where Blend is going. I and others have said this long ago, and so has BlackBerry employees unofficially. It's a great concept and would spring board BlackBerry way ahead of the competition. Our computer/mobile devices are really not that mobile. Apple, Android, Windows are all using cloud services to coordinate their ecosystems. The problem with cloud services is 1) you just gave your data away, and 2) you must function within internet/cellular service. I really appreciate my z30 with 80 gig of storage and the ability to carry more via OTG and micro sd cards. I can go to camp, no services, and I have everything on me. That's the true meaning of mobile computing. Most other devices can't do that.

Posted via CB10
    Prem WatsApp likes this.
    08-24-14 08:11 AM
    I'll buy it...I'd neuter my iPad today if I could trade ios 7 for a tablet OS that works as well as my z10!

"Dogs bark but the caravan moves on."
    08-24-14 10:54 AM
    How about just a blend app for the PlayBook? How about BB10 and blend to the PlayBook? Personally I wouldn't buy another BlackBerry tablet as they never delivered on the last one I bought. BlackBerry as a company has shown that they will promise a lot with a product and abandon it in a second when they botch every aspect of the launch.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    08-24-14 02:27 PM
    How about just a blend app for the PlayBook? How about BB10 and blend to the PlayBook? Personally I wouldn't buy another BlackBerry tablet as they never delivered on the last one I bought. BlackBerry as a company has shown that they will promise a lot with a product and abandon it in a second when they botch every aspect of the launch.

I always wondered why they didn't mass beta test a qnet or (semi)dumb tablet idea with the PlayBook.
    We all have them sitting around. I have two doing nothing and a third I gave to my little one to play angry birds.

I'll load anything on it, don't care at this point. It would be a perfect way to beta test 'BlendOS TM',lol, and rectify the perceived injustice to those who bought playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 05:47 PM
    Why don't we see if blend is good first
    08-24-14 05:53 PM
    This I believe is where Blend is going. I and others have said this long ago, and so has BlackBerry employees unofficially. It's a great concept and would spring board BlackBerry way ahead of the competition. Our computer/mobile devices are really not that mobile. Apple, Android, Windows are all using cloud services to coordinate their ecosystems. The problem with cloud services is 1) you just gave your data away, and 2) you must function within internet/cellular service. I really appreciate my z30 with 80 gig of storage and the ability to carry more via OTG and micro sd cards. I can go to camp, no services, and I have everything on me. That's the true meaning of mobile computing. Most other devices can't do that.

Posted via CB10
    "...just gave your data away..."

I second that sentiment.
    Keep data in-house and on devices, and backup locally if you can. Cloud only encrypted and not the "mission-critical" stuff...

This simple request for privacy of my own data probably already rings and sound like some terrorist had something to hide. No, nothing to hide, but nothing to expose either...

? BlackBerry? I premdict the future's gonna be chenomenal! ?
    08-24-14 07:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    I with you on this and I would go a step further in saying that companies like Apple have never really embraced the concept of mobile. They approach the iPhone as a sort of mini stand alone computer. As noted recently by a tech analyst on Bloomsberg TV, Apple is the only tech company without a real mobile/cloud strategy to propel sales. Speaks volumes.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-14 07:58 PM
    I always wondered why they didn't mass beta test a qnet or (semi)dumb tablet idea with the PlayBook.
    We all have them sitting around. I have two doing nothing and a third I gave to my little one to play angry birds.

I'll load anything on it, don't care at this point. It would be a perfect way to beta test 'BlendOS TM',lol, and rectify the perceived injustice to those who bought playbooks.

Posted via CB10
    I'd gladly load some beta software on my PlayBook to add some functionality to it. It is hardly ever used anymore. Really haven't used it much since I got my Z10 in April 2013. The device is just frustrating compared to Bb10.

08-24-14 08:33 PM