Their 'commitment' is to flog off remaining BB10 phones at extortionate prices while continuing to do jack all to support or develop their own software.

Absolutely ruinous for a 'software company' to have such a reputation of dumping their own products while still trying to get cash from people who don't know better. What are they thinking?

Karma: if you think you can 'return to profitability' by behaving like an a-hole then something is going to creep up on you and bite you on the backside one day.

I'm a bit concerned from the sounds of paranoia and the hints of conspiracy over a handheld mobile device, how you handle important things!!!
    Just slightly concerned. Nothing to fuss over. Hardly noticable at all. In fact, forget i even mentioned it!

08-12-16 10:08 PM
    You are not being paranoid if they are really after you.

Pushbullet is okay. It is not Blend, but you can use it remotely and get/respond to Blackberry Messenger. I've never run into anything that I needed the paid version to do. Blackbullet is the bb10 version.

I've tried Cortana. Has potential but not ready.

I've tried airdroid. Immediate delete.

"Join" is BOSS, but the encryption feature doesn't work on the windows desktop client, so that's a non starter. Deleted. Even after I paid for it.

Ride or die:  PRIVelege-acy
    anon(3732391) and gritsinct like this.
    08-12-16 10:32 PM
    You are not being paranoid if they are really after you.

True!
    It IS as bad as you think AND they ARE out to get you!

08-12-16 10:46 PM
    In my opinion, nothing comes close to blend and the potential it had was amazing (adding 3rd party apps, etc).
    The fact that BlackBerry which is now a "software company" didn't take this amazing SOFTWARE cross platform and monetize it boggles my mind.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I can't agree with you more. I had hoped that they would put it in the Play Store like they did with the Hub. I would love to have it on my Nexus 5X.

Flicked via the BlackBerry keyboard on my Nexus 5X
    ray689 likes this.
    08-14-16 09:30 AM
    It worked fine for me using Windows 10 were you using a surface pro or the rt? That thing is useless.. can't run any legacy exe apps for Windows, I have one of those too... I use it for a dart scoreboard now

Posted via my old faithful Z10
    I think mines an RT, my fault for buying the wrong type for BlackBerry, seems both models and most other laptops connect very easily with Apple products though.
    As many said such a shame from a 'software company'.

Swiped on my Passport!
    08-15-16 01:52 AM
    My Blend works fine. I am sure when 10.3.4 comes out My blend will still work. Not sure why you think it is dead.
    Some people still use Windows XP. I still have a Dreamcast that probably works fine if I do decide to hook it up.
    Its dead in the sense that if MS or Apple issues an OS update that breaks it BlackBerry will not update it to make it compatible, or work with users on a workaround.

This may happen sooner than later, as the Windows 10 Anniversary Build is due this month and Apple OS X Sierra is coming this Fall. There are no guarantees that Blend will continue to have its functionality after that, or after any future releases.
    08-15-16 09:35 AM
    Its dead in the sense that if MS or Apple issues an OS update that breaks it BlackBerry will not update it to make it compatible, or work with users on a workaround.

This may happen sooner than later, as the Windows 10 Anniversary Build is due this month and Apple OS X Sierra is coming this Fall. There are no guarantees that Blend will continue to have its functionality after that, or after any future releases.
    The Anniversary update for Windows 10 is already out, no issues with Blend so far.
    08-15-16 10:08 AM
    The Anniversary update for Windows 10 is already out, no issues with Blend so far.
    I doubt there'll be too many issues with Windows 10, at least. It has good program compatibility modes.
    08-15-16 10:31 AM
    I doubt there'll be too many issues with Windows 10, at least. It has good program compatibility modes.
    Very good point. Just run as Windows 7 if need be.

Posted via CB10
    08-15-16 10:35 AM
    One good thing about Microsoft is that compatibility is in their DNA. Their whole empire is built on it. Apple on the other hand, gives me headaches with every OS change.
    08-15-16 10:37 AM
    Why because he is logical?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Logical, like Dr Spock?

Go on, give us the finger sign.
    08-15-16 10:40 AM
    I bet they would lose institutional customers if they did this. Their Android stuff is probably not secure enough for some customers so BlackBerry has to keep BB10 on lifesupport until they get Android to a level acceptably secure (e.g. for places that maybe work in health or government etc)
    Any institutional clients who don't know it's a matter of when and not if, are going to end up feeling as cheated as the loyal fans are when BlackBerry does finally pull the plug.

IMHO by dragging it out, Chen is going for some short term gains in exchange for yet another blow to BlackBerry's reputation.
    Stephanie, I am sure that Government customers are very aware of the state of play re: BlackBerry.

val_lixembeau is definitely correct (for some governments / institutions anyway) re: BlackBerry having to keep BB10 until Android is at an acceptable level of security - and it's not just until BlackBerry gets Android to the right level of security, BB10 has to then keep on going until these institutions actually sign-off (eg long testing process) the Android phones against their security certifications (a process which can easily take another 6-12 months).
    08-16-16 06:06 AM
    If I can't have Blend, I'll take mine shaken... not stirred!!
    08-31-16 01:39 AM
    Blend was always dead for me, since it does not support Linux.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 01:43 AM
    It was a great movie; would have been better if the twist was left as a twist and not spoiled in previews.
    08-31-16 06:51 AM
    Dead???? No it is NOT dead.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 09:46 AM
66 123