Just want to post this in case others have the same problem! I have AT&T and a Bold 9700. My email was hacked so I changed the password, thus screwing up my BB emails from coming in....I deleted the email account on the BB and tried to re-create it and encountered an error when going in and setting up the email, it asks for username and password....error message "blank username" and I could have sworn I was using the correct name and pw! But, unbeknownst to me, the Blackberry ID you set up is DIFFERENT than your BIS account you first set up when you get your Blackberry...this is kind of ridiculous and confusing if you ask me...anyway...when you type the username it it is NOT your email address you've provided in the Blackberry ID set up, the BIS is different (at least mine was). I called AT&T to have them reset my BIS account which they did, very simple, then the emails started rolling in! The weird thing is the first call I had to AT&T weeks ago, the person did not know the answer, after 1/2 hour on the phone! I called again, and this time the person knew right away!
    05-05-11 10:54 AM
    Just remember to edit email accounts through your BB Email Setup or Email Settings folder. Or it will not be aware of password changes done to the account on a PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-06-11 02:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD