I never said someone has done it. EVERYTHING can be. BlackBerry 10 is built on QNX which when BlackBerry took over, they tried to block the command to root the OS. They succeed but there is always a way to get around it. Seriously. It's very pathetic to think it can't be done. It's like I'm saying it's very easy to do it, it's most likely very hard but it does not mean it can't be done

Posted via CB10
    In this world of recreational hacking, I think that if it could be done, someone would have done it and bragged about it by now.

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    08-18-14 06:13 PM
    http://www.exploit-db.com/exploits/32156/

This link is what was used to root a system using QNX. There was one other method used too. Oh. The BlackBerry PlayBook OS was also QNX based. That was rooted. So yes. BlackBerry 10 can be rooted. Just hasn't happened yet.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 06:33 PM
    Well, like they say, there is no 100% security. And this depends on a lot of factors including the user itself.
    If I remember correctly, there was an issue with the android runtime, where an application could have access to the personal and the work space.
    Now, regarding if the BlackBerry can be ?rooted? or not, I think that even BlackBerry itself will not give a 100% definitive answer.
    If someone would ask them, they would say ?our devices are highly secure and it is not in our knowledge that they can be rooted?.
    Why? Well because of so many factors that are in place and they cannot be 100% sure. But they will make sure that they fix a problem when it arises.
    As far as the OS is concerned, my believe is that it was build on very stable and secure grounds. But it does not mean 100% secure.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 07:12 PM
    hope this isn't over soon, i'm popping popcorn!
    rhitdoph likes this.
    08-18-14 08:03 PM
    Most likely it will take longer next time

Posted via CB10
    6 minutes?
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-18-14 08:09 PM
    Seriously? "Anything that BlackBerry can learn from?"

Other way around friend.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    08-18-14 08:12 PM
    6 minutes?
    Well I doubt the Blackphone was actually rooted in 5 minutes on the first attempt. Probably had practice before hand. QNX is far secure than Android and BlackBerry 10 OSs have commands blocked. Got no idea how long it would take, it would take a great deal of trial and error tbh

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 08:13 PM
    Seriously? "Anything that BlackBerry can learn from?"

Other way around friend.

Posted via CB10
    Why not? I'm sure there are some things Blackphone does better than BlackBerry. No idea what, I haven't looked into Blackphone. But BlackBerry isn't perfect itself

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 08:15 PM
    Why not? I'm sure there are some things Blackphone does better than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    You're absolutely right. The Blackphone is much better at being hacked.
    08-18-14 08:29 PM
    You're absolutely right. The Blackphone is much better at being hacked.
    So absolutely nothing about the Blackphone is better than BlackBerry? At all? If you think that, you're an *****. Even iOS has some things better than BlackBerry. It's impossible to make something that better than something else completely in every single detail

Posted via CB10
    Vuneu likes this.
    08-18-14 08:46 PM
    Even iOS has some things better than BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Again, I agree with you. Apple's iOS operating system offers hackers easy access to all your personal data.
    08-18-14 08:54 PM
    So absolutely nothing about the Blackphone is better than BlackBerry? At all? If you think that, you're an *****.
    To paraphrase you, show me where he said that.
    habs_fan likes this.
    08-18-14 08:54 PM
    What is blackphone have to offer when you can get any other Android devices and you can do more

#BBFactCheck
    08-18-14 08:58 PM
    You did hear they got rooted, right? Really quickly?
    The blackphone is much more secure than any BB. Please learn how to read and not cherry picking bits and pieces to give the impression that it is unsafe and not secure..and please don't tell about how the enterprise use Blackberry (less than 3% of it what a joke)

Blackphone rooted at BlackHat ? The Register
    08-18-14 09:07 PM
    The blackphone is much more secure than any BB. Please learn how to read and not cherry picking bits and pieces to give the impression that it is unsafe and not secure..and please don't tell about how the enterprise use Blackberry (less than 3% of it what a joke)

Defensive much? What part of my post was incorrect?
    08-18-14 09:13 PM
    The blackphone is much more secure than any BB.
    So true. Just make sure you lock it in a safe. Attach the safe to an anchor and drop it in the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.
    08-18-14 09:17 PM
    hope this isn't over soon, i'm popping popcorn!
    This is too funny. Man, y’all are cracking me up.
    08-18-14 09:52 PM

So, with the limited resources of Black phone, they have a secure OS right out of the gate? Gtfo. This is a fresh OS, it hasn't had 2 years of testing against it.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:04 PM
    Why not? I'm sure there are some things Blackphone does better than BlackBerry. No idea what, I haven't looked into Blackphone. But BlackBerry isn't perfect itself

Posted via CB10
    I'm not saying that BlackBerry is perfect, because clearly it shows they are not.

However, a company that was almost sold still keeps their reputation as secure to this day.

On the bother hand, blackphone just started up and claimed highly of themselves only to get rooted.

If you ask me, BlackBerry can show blackphone a thing or two about there so called security sales pitch.

Posted via CB10
    08-18-14 10:22 PM
    So true. Just make sure you lock it in a safe. Attach the safe to an anchor and drop it in the deepest part of the Pacific Ocean.
    Man you got talent for stand up comedy lol subscribed, and popcorn is ready. You want some?

In any case, blackphone is, in fact, as secure as Android can be (as impenetrable as the venerable Fort KNOX, which even Samsung with all its money can't improve much). Its "security" is built around the services it provides, which is based around services already available for general Android and is actually less security and more privacy.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.3247
    08-18-14 11:41 PM
    Don't be too hard on blackphone guys. They're doing the best that they can! Lol
    08-18-14 11:59 PM
    It is really silly to sit here and say it CAN be rooted. Well sure it's "possible" but what are the odds and what are the results?

I can say it's "possible" that pigs can fly, that it "can" happen, because anything is possible. Yet this is silly because of the odds and the results are so slim and not in its favor.

Talk is cheap.

Oh and to the smart guys who say "who would want to root a blackberry". Well considering blackberry is used by almost all major governments, and enterprise users who posses extremely valuable information, you tell me?

There may be a gazillion android and ios phones out there but I don't think hackers are too concerned to learn about what websites your little sister visits from her android device.

Posted via CB10
    cristianoCR9 likes this.
    08-19-14 12:11 AM
    Right, can't believe your being this uptight about the "invincible" BlackBerry. What is a root? Go on. Tell me.

Posted via CB10
    I know there were threads on here where some pretty seemingly knowledgeable folks were trying to root the PlayBook so they could put Android or whatever on it. The only success I know of was dingle berry took advantage, shortly, of a flaw in how BlackBerry verifies (or failed to actually) the validity of a backup during the restore process.

Playbook tablet OS is essentially the basis of BlackBerry 10.

Last I heard the folks trying gave up.

So yeah it might be possible. But anything might be possible. The fact that no ones knows how is the important thing.

Posted via CB10
    m1kr0 and damien kupuku like this.
    08-19-14 12:12 AM
    Oh and to the smart guys who say "who would want to root a blackberry". Well considering blackberry is used by almost all major governments, and enterprise users who posses extremely valuable information, you tell me?
    I agree. There's good incentive to figure out how to get by BlackBerry security.

Posted via CB10
    08-19-14 12:17 AM
    Blackphone is based on Android. Its like putting lipstick on a pig. No matter what you do, the foundation remains insecure. BlackBerry was designed from the ground up with security in mind. Just wanted to leave this here:

http://us.blackberry.com/content/dam...rity-Works.pdf

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/pho...issues-1103381

http://www.networkworld.com/news/201...ty-259080.html

Z10 STL100-1, OS 10.2.2.1531
    Last edited by m1kr0; 08-19-14 at 01:26 AM.
    08-19-14 01:11 AM
74 123