Nothing to change there. Same hardware, same name, different software.

A HTC running Windows Phone is a HTC, if it is running Android it is still a HTC.

Posted via CB10
    Aha you have a point there! Correct

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2204 | CB Mod
    06-17-15 08:46 AM
    Let's call it BlackSung so it sounds like black thong

Posted via CB10
    06-17-15 09:02 AM
    Nothing to change there. Same hardware, same name, different software.

A HTC running Windows Phone is a HTC, if it is running Android it is still a HTC.

Posted via CB10
    Very good answer. You deserve a CB jacket!

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204
    06-17-15 09:21 AM
    I think all Samsung wants from BlackBerry is the BES/KNOX integration that both have announced.

I think the BlackBerry Experience is suppose to be crossplatfrom for all Android devices (all with a newer version of Android anyway) as well as iOS. Just not sure there would be a market for a Samsung/Blackberry... Maybe licensing the keyboard, but that is a small market??
    06-17-15 11:29 AM
    Please change name this thread! Funny lol
    06-17-15 11:44 AM
    I think all Samsung wants from BlackBerry is the BES/KNOX integration that both have announced.

I think the BlackBerry Experience is suppose to be crossplatfrom for all Android devices (all with a newer version of Android anyway) as well as iOS. Just not sure there would be a market for a Samsung/Blackberry... Maybe licensing the keyboard, but that is a small market??
    I think BlackBerry and Samsung will work on having the BlackBerry Experience Suite first on a Samsung (Note 5, maybe?). They can then gauge how well it is received and decide if they want to work out deals with other vendors or just offer it direct to consumer.
    06-17-15 01:11 PM
    I think BlackBerry and Samsung will work on having the BlackBerry Experience Suite first on a Samsung (Note 5, maybe?). They can then gauge how well it is received and decide if they want to work out deals with other vendors or just offer it direct to consumer.
    If something special is going on with locking the Boot ROM or some other special hardware... I might could see this.

But if this is a stock Galaxy type device that just has an App installed on it.... and app that should work on any other Android or iOS device. Why would BlackBerry even consider limiting themselves to one vendor? I can't imagine there is going to be a lot of room for BlackBerry to make more than $50 a device. Where as IF this software is wanted by enterprise and a few fans... the monthly subscription is going to be much more valuable in the long run. So why not make it available to customers that already have devices deployed that may not fairly new... especially when Apple is clearly the favorite in business and enterprise today.

I see Samsung being given the licensing rights to BlackBerry keyboard devices.... but the other 99.9% of smartphone user are going to be free to use whatever device they want.

But then.... I've never been good a guessing what BlackBerry is actually going to do....
    06-17-15 03:04 PM
    Attachment 357964

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2204

I have that too... NBD.

The BlackDroid!-img_20150617_145957.jpg
    diegonei and jdesignz like this.
    06-17-15 06:00 PM
    OK I'm not with the whole idea about this phone but if it happened, why blackdroid if it's Samsung? There's a big different between Samsung and android, android is an os and Samsung is a company so why blackdroid if they're working with Samsung?

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    06-17-15 06:46 PM
    Cuz it sounds cool? Stop running my fun!!
    06-17-15 07:02 PM
    If something special is going on with locking the Boot ROM or some other special hardware... I might could see this.

But if this is a stock Galaxy type device that just has an App installed on it.... and app that should work on any other Android or iOS device. Why would BlackBerry even consider limiting themselves to one vendor? I can't imagine there is going to be a lot of room for BlackBerry to make more than $50 a device. Where as IF this software is wanted by enterprise and a few fans... the monthly subscription is going to be much more valuable in the long run. So why not make it available to customers that already have devices deployed that may not fairly new... especially when Apple is clearly the favorite in business and enterprise today.

I see Samsung being given the licensing rights to BlackBerry keyboard devices.... but the other 99.9% of smartphone user are going to be free to use whatever device they want.

But then.... I've never been good a guessing what BlackBerry is actually going to do....
    I don't think BB will limit the BlackBerry Experience Suite to Samsung, but I think it'll be introduced (maybe with a short-term exclusivity) with a Samsung device release. That would be good for BlackBerry because having it pre-installed would mean reviewers and consumers would be immediately exposed to it and if it's good, the exposure will encourage others to want it. It also gives BB a chance to gauge interest when introducing it to decide how they will price it.
    06-17-15 08:15 PM
    06-17-15 08:57 PM
    I have that too... NBD.
    Would you mind sharing the wallpaper (or screen shot) . . . ?
    06-17-15 09:04 PM
    I have that too... NBD.
    You're already on 10.3.3, aren't you?
    06-17-15 09:09 PM
    You're already on 10.3.3, aren't you?
    Nah, I went straight to 11.
    06-17-15 09:24 PM
    I recall that quite a few Android launchers were developed for BlackBerry PlayBook.

Does anybody happen to know where and how to get hold of the Android launcher introduced in the following video?

06-18-15 02:05 AM
    I don't think BB will limit the BlackBerry Experience Suite to Samsung, but I think it'll be introduced (maybe with a short-term exclusivity) with a Samsung device release. That would be good for BlackBerry because having it pre-installed would mean reviewers and consumers would be immediately exposed to it and if it's good, the exposure will encourage others to want it. It also gives BB a chance to gauge interest when introducing it to decide how they will price it.
    Good for BlackBerry... yes.

But what would Samsung get out of it?
    06-18-15 08:36 AM
    Good for BlackBerry... yes.

But what would Samsung get out of it?
    Samsung clearly wants to be a big player in the Enterprise, and being aligned with BB for that particular demographic is good for them. Users will see it as a passing of the torch I think rather than take the collaboration negatively as they view BlackBerry separately. It also further differentiates them among other Android vendors. There are a lot of former BB users that are now Android users. This could lure them over if they aren't already Samsung customers. Plus, I'm sure BB is also helping them with security, and if the recent security issue is any sign, they could really use it.
    06-18-15 08:48 AM
    I would own a beeper before I ever owned anything Android! For me, this is the end of any BlackBerry ownership. I was really hoping that this company could get it together but I guess for the consumer, Just a pipe dream.
    06-18-15 10:18 AM
    Lucas Film (or Disney now) owns the term Droid. I believe they got it from Obi Wan saying "These are not the Droids you're looking for.".

Pathetic really, because a phone and a movie don't really seem to compete with each other.
    I don't think anyone used the term "droid" before the original star wars (1977), I know it's a shortened form of the word "android" which was in use, but none of the pre star wars sci fi I read ever used "droid".
    06-18-15 10:45 AM
    I'm getting sick n tired of BlackBerry rumors n speculation. Leaked images n such, just say it already so I know what's happening
    06-18-15 12:55 PM
    check this out!The BlackDroid!-blackberry-classic-1-31.jpg
    06-18-15 03:26 PM
    check this out!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BlackBerry-Classic-1-31.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	360.6 KB 
ID:	358266
    Beautiful................. for girl!
    06-18-15 03:32 PM
    Oh dear. Does it have the hub at least??
    06-18-15 06:16 PM
    The BlackDroid!-mockit_19062015212325.jpg

Posted Via CB10 via Z10 via BB10
    06-19-15 08:56 PM
50 12