Focusing on PKB and side lining touch screen devices.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    10-20-14 09:47 AM

As a public service PKB=poly kangerated biphenols.
    10-20-14 12:44 PM
    Physical Keyboard

10-20-14 01:28 PM
    -log(kB)

Posted via CB10
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    10-20-14 01:30 PM

Z10>Q10>Q5>Z30>Z3>Passport>Classic>mysterious Z50? It's been pretty balanced to me. And Z20 is another one that's supposed to be coming

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 04:28 PM
    Z10>Q10>Q5>Z30>Z3>Passport>Classic>mysterious Z50? It's been pretty balanced to me. And Z20 is another one that's supposed to be coming

Posted via CB10
    I see your point, however, I don't put much stock in "supposed to be coming" since we've all got our hopes up before and had the dashed. The Z50 / Ontario or whatever hasn't even been officially announced has it?

The other thing is that both the Z10 and Z30 were under Heins' reign. Chen seems to have put touch on the back burner.

10-20-14 07:08 PM
    QNX was their best acquisition... its what they did with the PlayBook that sucked.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry has lost billions and billions of dollars because of their decision to aquire QNX and the devices that run a OS based on it. They have literally yet to make a profit from that decision. I fail to see how it was their best acquisition. If they wanted a pit to sink billions of dollars into, they could have rented an excavator fairly cheaply.
    10-20-14 07:17 PM
    BlackBerry has lost billions and billions of dollars because of their decision to aquire QNX and the devices that run a OS based on it. They have literally yet to make a profit from that decision. I fail to see how it was their best acquisition. If they wanted a pit to sink billions of dollars into, they could have rented an excavator fairly cheaply.
    QNX by itself and what they've done hasn't lost a penny. It's what BlackBerry did with the PlayBook and Z10 that cost them billions.

Posted via CB10
    sean3089 likes this.
    10-20-14 07:41 PM
    I see your point, however, I don't put much stock in "supposed to be coming" since we've all got our hopes up before and had the dashed. The Z50 / Ontario or whatever hasn't even been officially announced has it?

The other thing is that both the Z10 and Z30 were under Heins' reign. Chen seems to have put touch on the back burner.

Chen kept the Z3 alive and supposedly a Z20 . So I don't believe that.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 07:43 PM
    Effectively educating customers and prospects to make them aware BB10 is not your old BBOS.

Posted via CB10
    This.

Posted via Q10RR
    WGn199 likes this.
    10-20-14 07:57 PM
    Taking to long to come out with the Z10, I had to settle HTCone S for about a year.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 08:07 PM
    I'm glad they made the PlayBook otherwise the Z10, Q10 may have been launched the with the PB OS. Perhaps it was a necessary learning curve on the way to developing BB10, I look at the PB as a beta test for BB10 OS. And if QNX led to the PB...
    10-20-14 08:25 PM
    Chen kept the Z3 alive and supposedly a Z20 . So I don't believe that.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you're right. But, I have yet to hear any official announcements of the high end touch phone since Chen took the helm. I guess we'll wait to see.

10-20-14 08:52 PM
    Hiring thorsten heins

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 10:50 PM
    My only one work would be "passport"

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:49 PM
    I thought it is one word, haha

Posted via CB10
    10-20-14 11:50 PM
    Dual CEOs, lol.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:09 AM
    All of the above. The largest flaw I feel was laying stagnant while the market moved on. They waited like 4 years without a new device launch. That killed them. The storm was a mistake, the playbook was a huge mistake but not releasing a new competitive device for soo long killed them........
    They took time because at the same time BlackBerry was busy in QNX based OS! Migration from 7 to 10 OS took extra time

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 12:45 AM
    Not allowing Blend to work for every one on 10.3. Double typing issue on PKB. Not giving a free coffee cup with BB logo and spark printed on, to all new device owners.
    10-21-14 02:52 AM
    Not fixing STL-1 Battery calibration issue.
    10-21-14 02:57 AM
    That's not confirmed. We have conflicting reports one says Z30 specs the other says no.

Posted via CB10
    I thought this had been confirmed after the Chenzen leak posted a few days ago.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 08:51 AM
    I'm going to argue this particular one. BES10 is arguably the best BYOD platform out there right now, and the easiest one to adopt for the vast majority of potential customers. BYOD is actually the one trend they haven't dropped the ball on.
    And I'm going to need to argue this point.

BB10 and BES 10 arived to the market 2 years too late to cause any impact. BYOD as it is now called began stirring in 2009. Many people recognized that people wanted their smartphones to do more than make calls and get email. College grads post-grads came into the workplace and were sporting large touch screen devices and did not want to give them up. They took their BBs reluctantly, and learned to hate them. Many, many tried the Storm I as an alternative when it launched. This led to the largest device return in history and sealed BB's reputation as slow, buggy, randomly resetting devices without sufficient memory that need constant battery pulls and 'just don't work'.
    10-21-14 09:05 AM
    They took time because at the same time BlackBerry was busy in QNX based OS! Migration from 7 to 10 OS took extra time

Posted via CB10
    Wrong. And not true. They elected to develop QNX on the Playbook as opposed to a modern handheld device. They did so in an effort to make money on producing cheap handhelds with the legacy OS. Little money to new programming, dated components made cheaply and high handset prices and carrier licensing fees, because they had a large captive clientele on BES. They made the choice very aware that they were putting their customers 2nd. They acknowledged in 2008 at the shareholders meeting that their JAVA based OS was already long in thte tooth and made memory allocation very difficult. Legacy devices I think maxed out at 256 Megs of application memory which was shared with RAM. Not good! But they chose to put QNX on the Playbook and not bring a BB10 device to market until 4 years later.
    10-21-14 09:12 AM
    With all due respect you are lost. BBOS could allocate only 256 Megs of shared memory. You know what applications you can run like that? None. BBOS was the old man of the OS world in 2007. The mistake made was not utilizing TAT and having them put QNX on a handheld in 2008/2009. If BB 10.0 was released on a modern handset in 2009 BB would have maintained 20-30% market share today. All modern applications would be available natively in BB World and the stock would be sitting somewhere around $80 a share.
    10-21-14 09:19 AM
    Entering the consumer market.

Posted via CB10
    More like not recognizing the enterprise market gets mashed up with consumer needs.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-14 09:38 AM
552 ... 89101112 ...