What do you guys think?

This is actually one thing BlackBerry does beyond any doubt, better than the rest - what better way to generate positive awareness of just what BlackBerry is capable of than by making available their keyboard to other OS?

Even apple has opened up their OS to 3rd party keyboards, most notably the main beneficiary being SwiftKey. Right now is the perfect time to make it available cross platform otherwise it'll be a matter of time before others catch up and it'll be too late, like bbm.

What do you guys think?

Posted via CB10 on the Z "Dirty" 30
    09-17-14 03:31 PM
    You know BlackBerry 10's keyboard is mostly powered by SwiftKey anyway, right? BlackBerry adds their own touches but for the most part its Swiftkey. With that in mind, I'm not even sure they could legally do it. They'd be paying Swiftkey for access, then turning around and competing with Swiftkey using their own platform lol.
    09-17-14 05:19 PM
    111% correct Mr. B!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 05:36 PM
    Damn is that so eh?

Sh*t loll

#CB10 #DirtyThirty #NaturalSound
    09-17-14 06:10 PM
    Wow, I did not know that Swiftkey was the basis for the BlackBerry 10 keyboard.

I thought it was all BlackBerry.

Oh well, it's still a good keyboard.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Z30
    09-17-14 07:11 PM
    Even so, it would be beneficial for BlackBerry if swift key offered a BlackBerry 10 keyboard that was available for download lol

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 07:41 PM
    BlackBerry might have to pay a premium for this service most likely as swift key probably won't just do that out of the kindness of their respective hearts haha

Posted via CB10
    09-17-14 07:41 PM
    A BlackBerry keyboard and the hub are two main reasons my friends are staying away from the iPhone. If these two things happened I'd have a few friends jumping Ship.
    Me thinks apple will soon me working on their own unified inbox like the hub. Perhaps a replacement for iMessage in the next major iOS update? It's possible considering how many things borrowed from Android and BlackBerry have recently occurred.
    09-17-14 08:15 PM
    I still think the implementation of the word suggestions ( in the frets) is still the best by any virtual keyboard. I really dislike the words at the top of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 01:28 AM
    I actually do not mind the iPhone keyboard. I can type badly on just about any keyboard.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    09-19-14 01:34 AM
    I still think the implementation of the word suggestions ( in the frets) is still the best by any virtual keyboard. I really dislike the words at the top of the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I share that sentiment.
    The flicking over the letters you wanted to type anyways, interrupts the typing flow far less than anything else I have seen until today.

I do write without auto-correct though.

I actually do not mind the iPhone keyboard. I can type badly on just about any keyboard.
    That was funny

Posted via CB10
    09-19-14 03:56 AM