i dont doubt it has increased in some places I just wouldnt use statcounter to support my thoughts. I would much rather see the reports from BB or gartner/comscore. Statcounter uses page impressions instead of sales data. if you look iphone usually leads on most of the statcounter graphs but we know that android right now is crushing everyone.
    While I agree with you android is crushing iphone in sales today, the current hit count s are a reflection of the fact that iphone sales were dominating last year and the year before. An android sale does not automatically mean someone threw an iphone in the trash. There are many iphones still in use.

The fact is statcounter was right that bb10 did not gain much traction in q1. Also the trends are released weekly. Comscore and idc are definitely better but you have to wait months until the official reports.

There were some other charts posted on the 'I support bb' money thread that had very similar worldwide results to Statcounter.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:05 AM
    Ah here it is: BBRY ahead of WP in the US in June:

comScore Reports June 2013 U.S. Smartphone Subscriber Market Share - comScore, Inc

Posted via CB10
    In regard to BlackBerry's numbers, I would like to see a breakdown between legacy and BB10 devices.
    08-26-13 11:16 AM
    Is it your contention that Candian news outlets are cherry-picking bad BB stories? I ask because BBPandy's contention sounded an awful lot like an accusation that media outlets were only reporting bad numbers while deliberately ignoring good ones.
    I often hear on the news talk radio here they will have negative BlackBerry stories in their news reels, I've yet to hear them say anything positive.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 11:20 AM
    I often hear on the news talk radio here they will have negative BlackBerry stories in their news reels, I've yet to hear them say anything positive.

Posted via CB10
    To you, the blame lies everywhere but at blackberry's feet.
    08-26-13 11:37 AM
    This is getting ridiculous...do we really need a new statcounter thread every couple days? Can't we just keep all this garbage in the same place?

http://forums.crackberry.com/news-ru...80/index2.html
    08-26-13 12:15 PM
    Ah here it is: BBRY ahead of WP in the US in June:

http://www.comscore.com/ger/Insights...r_Market_Share

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and we all know that one. Where does it say 6%?

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:05 PM
    One thing you need to consider is that from ComScore's data is that BlackBerry's share has dropped nearly a percent from May to June (their latest data) while Windows Phone's has grown a tenth of a percent.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:07 PM
    no that is marketshare....its the % of total users that are using the phone. Its not 3 month sales data that shows the "trend" of new sales
    Ya sure, I know. But what we want to get a picture of is BBRYs current performance and therefore indicators for a future outlook. So an installed userbase isn't the best way to look at 'marketshare'. 'Market' for me is devices currently sold.

Posted via CB10
    08-26-13 04:08 PM
    Hi OP,

What about the curve on this site?

Market share for browsers, operating systems and search engines | News

This is global. May this continue the trendline once August is released?
    08-26-13 04:12 PM
    Ya sure, I know. But what we want to get a picture of is BBRYs current performance and therefore indicators for a future outlook. So an installed userbase isn't the best way to look at 'marketshare'. 'Market' for me is devices currently sold.

Posted via CB10
    You are correct is doesnt give a good idea of the trend. That is where the 3 month data is most beneficial.
    08-26-13 05:16 PM
35 12