BlackBerry's U.S. market share continues to decline-comscore-july-2015-smartphone-os-share.jpg
    (via MacRumors.com)

BlackBerry devices have never been available in more variations and on more carriers in the last few years than now but its market share is still continuing to decline... how is a Slider possibly going to be able to at least stabilize their market share?
    09-05-15 05:06 AM
    No surprise as long as they stick to BB10.
    jmr1015 likes this.
    09-05-15 05:12 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	comscore-july-2015-smartphone-OS-share.jpg 
Views:	5562 
Size:	71.3 KB 
ID:	369913
    (via MacRumors.com)

BlackBerry devices have never been available in more variations and on more carriers in the last few years than now but its market share is still continuing to decline... how is a Slider possibly going to be able to at least stabilize their market share?
    The slider is a unique device that will be on the android ecosystem. The market has firmly rejected bb10's lack of apps. Android changes the ballgame. A lot of smartphone buyers who never would have considered BlackBerry or who left BlackBerry due to lack of software are now back in play as potential customers. No one is offering a physical keyboard on high end android and no one is offering BlackBerry's reputation for security and privacy. The slider offers all of that on the most popular smartphone platform.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 05:18 AM
    down but not out,they should do well with the slider :-)
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    09-05-15 05:24 AM
    you all know that the slider will count in the android numbers right
    09-05-15 05:34 AM
    Nobody (excepts the hardcore fanboys) is awaiting a resurrection of Blackberry with a BB-only OS.
    09-05-15 05:58 AM

(via MacRumors.com)

Since the OS is Android, any sales of the Slider with Android will be added to the Android share.
    JulesDB and dolco like this.
    09-05-15 06:51 AM
    I think the success of the slider depends on how it's launched. If they do this "exclusive" garbage with one carrier it will tank. If they launch it available to all carriers I think it has a chance to sell.
    david7saad likes this.
    09-05-15 07:33 AM
    Sure it will. Once BlackBerry is perceived as selling mostly Android phones then it will be lumped into that category. If you were going to list the individual companies then instead of Android, you would have Samsung, LG, Moto, HTC, ZTE, etc.
    09-05-15 07:38 AM
    Sure it will. Once BlackBerry is perceived as selling mostly Android phones then it will be lumped into that category. If you were going to list the individual companies then instead of Android, you would have Samsung, LG, Moto, HTC, ZTE, etc.
    Unless it'll come with a dual-boot option, then it'll mess up all of those statistics haha
    pomidor likes this.
    09-05-15 08:38 AM

(via MacRumors.com)

Your premise of being available in more variations on more carriers is simply untrue.

Posted via CB10
    RyanGermann likes this.
    09-05-15 08:41 AM
    BlackBerry devices available?
    Try find some in the phonestores... everybody complains about that

Posted via CB10
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    09-05-15 08:50 AM
    Unless it'll come with a dual-boot option, then it'll mess up all of those statistics haha
    Which it won't. It might come with an initial selective bootloader, though that sort of rollout is stupid, but it won't have both operating simultaneously.
    09-05-15 08:55 AM
    Since the OS is Android, any sales of the Slider with Android will be added to the Android share.
    There is another breakdown . . . breakdown by manufacturers.

http://trak.in/wp-content/uploads/20...one-Top-10.jpg

https://9to5google.files.wordpress.c...-56-58-am1.png

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 09:07 AM
    Very few people want small or large square screen devices with PKB's, or 4 year old spec'd and overpriced 720 slabs. BlackBerry has, and has never had any products that match what the US market wants: high end all touch slabs. But they keep making what few want and people here say they have a niche and that's all they need, all while the niche shrinks quarter after quarter.

Posted via Z30
    09-05-15 09:25 AM
    I noticed in the OP of US sales, that the losses % add up to Apple's gain. It's not a fair fruit fight, and that's the pits.

Posted via CB10
    lactose likes this.
    09-05-15 09:36 AM
  17. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    As long as they count in BlackBerry's revenue and profit numbers going higher... it's good.

Posted via CB10
    wincyUt and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    09-05-15 09:41 AM
    It's not quite like that. Right now, you can only get BlackBerry OS on a BlackBerry device, and you can get a BlackBerry device with only BlackBerry OS. It's like Apple with the iPhone and phone with iOS. It doesn't make any difference whether you call it BlackBerry or phones with BlackBerry OS; the numbers are exactly the same.

The graph above is grouping by OS. As soon as the Slider is released, they should change BlackBerry to BlackBerry OS, since the phone made by BlackBerry and the OS will no longer be exclusive to each other.

In a nutshell, even thought the graph says "BlackBerry", the intention is BlackBerry OS, not BlackBerry as a device manufacturer.
    09-05-15 10:10 AM
    Microsoft spendig a lot of money to get marketshare but losing money and Samsung is advertising a lot. Apple is buying reviews and earns heavy on there products. There headset is like more than 200 dollar and it's build for 17 dollar, Also the smartphone's they selling are based on specs from a year ago with some twist but still the earn a huge amount of money on phone's . Still don't get it but maybe people see new stuff?

The new iphone 6S has lesser battery capicity but Apple is allready preaching that with ios 9 you get 1 hour more than with ios8 , but if you battery is 30 lesse /smaller that the 6 how do they sell this ? I's like Apple people like to pay to much to get a overpriced brand. In Europa (where I live) we think people buying Apple spendig there money wrong.

In the UK and France the aware of Android security and you see ios and also BlackBerry growing, and I think it's getting a trend in Europe in North West Europ , South Europe Android is still growing.

The fun part that I have some companies that where hacked using ios and most of the time it's the CEO or higher managment who is to blame. I also had a law company who get hacked and they encrypted the harddrive and they all using ios. They get paranoid and give them advice not to use whatsapp, no wifi hotspot, etc. That company still wanted to use ios and they all bought new iphone 6 in the hope it will be more protected. At least a company decrypted there stuff and they didn't pay any ransom. Told them to go for BlackBerry but business is likely more suitable to get hacked than to get real protection. I don't care I only give advice, and get my bonus
    Last edited by whatsever; 09-05-15 at 10:33 AM.
    09-05-15 10:19 AM
    Very few people want small or large square screen devices with PKB's, or 4 year old spec'd and overpriced 720 slabs. BlackBerry has, and has never had any products that match what the US market wants: high end all touch slabs. But they keep making what few want and people here say they have a niche and that's all they need, all while the niche shrinks quarter after quarter.

Posted via Z30
    Then please explain why Apple gets away with dated specs on iPhones including those being debut on 9/9?

BlackBerry Passport SE driven by 10.3.2.2339 on T-Mobile
    09-05-15 10:31 AM
    The only people on Android who will buy it will be ex users of BB. They are only going to replace half the users that have no interest in going Android because of security. The half rave about security but when it comes down to it have decided to go along with it. BB will never be able to compete on price compared to Chinese companies. Its difficult to make any kind of a profit of Android, look at HTC. Only a small number of people want a physical keyboard. Plus regardless of what anyone says, sliders were never big sellers the first time round. Going Android is BBs only option and I dont think this going to make any drastic improvement in sales.
    lift likes this.
    09-05-15 10:45 AM
    Microsoft spendig a lot of money to get marketshare but losing money and Samsung is advertising a lot. Apple is buying reviews and earns heavy on there products. There headset is like more than 200 dollar and it's build for 17 dollar, Also the smartphone's they selling are based on specs from a year ago with some twist but still the earn a huge amount of money on phone's . Still don't get it but maybe people see new stuff?

The new iphone 6S has lesser battery capicity but Apple is allready preaching that with ios 9 you get 1 hour more than with ios8 , but if you battery is 30 lesse /smaller that the 6 how do they sell this ? I's like Apple people like to pay to much to get a overpriced brand. In Europa (where I live) we think people buying Apple spendig there money wrong.

In the UK and France the aware of Android security and you see ios and also BlackBerry growing, and I think it's getting a trend in Europe in North West Europ , South Europe Android is still growing.

The fun part that I have some companies that where hacked using ios and most of the time it's the CEO or higher managment who is to blame. I also had a law company who get hacked and they encrypted the harddrive and they all using ios. They get paranoid and give them advice not to use whatsapp, no wifi hotspot, etc. That company still wanted to use ios and they all bought new iphone 6 in the hope it will be more protected. At least a company decrypted there stuff and they didn't pay any ransom. Told them to go for BlackBerry but business is likely more suitable to get hacked than to get real protection. I don't care I only give advice, and get my bonus
    This is a terrible post full of misinformation, lies, and nonsensical ranting. I don't think there's very much at all that is even close to being true here.
    shaleem, TgeekB, mikeo007 and 4 others like this.
    09-05-15 10:52 AM
    BlackBerry should just accept the fact that their handset business is small and keep using BB10. Make all touch and PKB high end devices and just keep rolling along. They should focus on expanding their other areas of the business. Selling android devices (a slider of all things) is not going to "save" BlackBerry or it's handset business. As a matter of fact, the handset business is going to go under because of this slider in my opinion.
    TgeekB likes this.
    09-05-15 11:09 AM
    Haha. Good point

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:10 AM
    This is a terrible post full of misinformation, lies, and nonsensical ranting. I don't think there's very much at all that is even close to being true here.
    Agree that post was horrible.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-15 11:13 AM
147 123 ...