Well, it goes official..

http://uk.businessinsider.com/blackb...q4-2016-2017-2

Good job, John Chen, finally you did it.
    cribble2k and Q10Bold like this.
    02-15-17 07:16 AM
    Awesome! No where to go but up.
    02-15-17 07:25 AM
    Impossible.. it might be below 1% in terms of sales, I won't argue there... but it's at least more than 0. Or am I completely wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:27 AM
    Awesome! No where to go but up.
    Wow, I love your positivity :lol:

Posted via CB10
    Carjackd and Q10Bold like this.
    02-15-17 07:28 AM
    Wow brutal they even use broken BlackBerry as an image lol
    Q10Bold likes this.
    02-15-17 07:29 AM
    Well, I don't think that's super surprising? I the article is for bb10 devices which I don't think are flying off the shelf considering several aren't even being manufactured.

The real number we need to see or that I'd be curious about is the dtek numbers. Have those been selling at all?

Posted via CB10
    pizzawheel and Jrox74 like this.
    02-15-17 07:33 AM
    Well, I don't think that's super surprising? I the article is for bb10 devices which I don't think are flying off the shelf considering several aren't even being manufactured.

The real number we need to see or that I'd be curious about is the dtek numbers. Have those been selling at all?

Posted via CB10
    I think it counts as android device
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-17 07:41 AM

Posted via CB10
    They don't break out sales... but based on the last numbers even the DTEK aren't selling all that well. Not surprising based on the marketing and availability of the DTEKs

Does make you wonder what TCL sees in the brand, and what they plan to do to change things. Getting Carrier support will be a big positive....
    Bbnivende and Bfalcon1 like this.
    02-15-17 07:43 AM
    Impossible.. it might be below 1% in terms of sales, I won't argue there... but it's at least more than 0. Or am I completely wrong here?

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry's share of the global smartphone market is now officially 0%-screenshot2017-02-15at104525.jpg

Did you read the article?
    nbaliga and Dok Kang like this.
    02-15-17 07:46 AM
    I think it counts as android device
    BlackBerry also sells handsets that run Android, like the DTEK60 and the Priv, which aren't included in that 207,900 figure. But Gartner's data confirms what we all suspected: That BlackBerry's once-unassailable independent phone ecosystem is dead in the water.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:47 AM
    BlackBerry also sells handsets that run Android, like the DTEK60 and the Priv, which aren't included in that 207,900 figure. But Gartner's data confirms what we all suspected: That BlackBerry's once-unassailable independent phone ecosystem is dead in the water.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I'm saying lol
    anon(4243545) likes this.
    02-15-17 07:49 AM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot2017-02-15at104525.jpg 
Views:	1306 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	417482

Did you read the article?
    If they were to add more decimals, it wouldn't be 0. Plus, BlackBerry also has a share in the Android marketshare, albeit very very small.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:50 AM
    That's what I'm saying lol
    Sorry I misunderstood you!

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 07:58 AM
    Of course the BlackBerry OS (BB10 and BBOS) is dead. We all knew that, but as far as handset sales this misleads people's thinking since their new devices run Android and are counted into that figure.

What I'd really like to see is a breakdown by brand.
    02-15-17 08:01 AM
    It's a possible response to BlackBerry's transition to Android and away from the traditional BlackBerry OS.
    In purchasing a new device; there's less of a reason to solely shop BlackBerry if it's being seen as simply another Android Device Manufacturer. So you may lose historical consumers to other manufacturers known more for Android Devices.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    02-15-17 08:26 AM
    It's a possible response to BlackBerry's transition to Android and away from the traditional BlackBerry OS.
    In purchasing a new device; there's less of a reason to solely shop BlackBerry if it's being seen as simply another Android Device Manufacturer. So you may lose historical consumers to other manufacturers known more for Android Devices.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    While that's possible, these statistics in no way show that.
    I'm fairly sure all BlackBerry Android devices would be counted under the Android section instead of BlackBerry section.
    app_Developer likes this.
    02-15-17 08:33 AM
    I'm fairly sure all BlackBerry Android devices would be counted under the Android section instead of BlackBerry section.
    Yeah they're not really splitting out the different android brands whatsoever. So yes, it is misleading for Blackberry and shouldn't really apply to anything going forward. Blackberry has clearly stated it is doing minimal servicing for BB10 but is pushing fully into android software. Of course people aren't rushing out to buy BB10 devices anymore.
    02-15-17 09:02 AM
    If that be the case, these figures could be misleading. If being used to illustrate the impact of the brand on the Smartphone Market , (but not take into account that BlackBerry no longer produces BlackBerry10 devices and has transitioned to Android), what new production numbers are being used to drive this data?
    Essentially, BlackBerry still has a share of the market, that's not being accounted for.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    02-15-17 09:11 AM
    It's illustrating the smartphone OS market, not brand. But yes, people will run with it.
    02-15-17 09:15 AM
    This also continues to show that Windows phones are not viable either.
    02-15-17 09:41 AM
    Well, what would you expect? the market share was about 0.2 when BB10 phones were still produced. Of course now when they haven't produced a new phone in almost 2 years, it would reach almost zero.

Everyone who wanted a BB10 devices already got one and for people who are already owners of BB10 have to upgrade path to another BB10 device.
    02-15-17 09:42 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't make anymore BlackBerry os phones so why would it be anything other than zero?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 10:02 AM
    They don't break out sales... but based on the last numbers even the DTEK aren't selling all that well. Not surprising based on the marketing and availability of the DTEKs. Does make you wonder what TCL sees in the brand, and what they plan to do to change things. Getting Carrier support will be a big positive....
    The DTEK 50 showed up on NewEggFlash a few weeks ago so that probably means that someone dumped their unsold inventory.
    02-15-17 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't make anymore BlackBerry os phones so why would it be anything other than zero?

Posted via CB10
    There is still unsold inventory of BB10 phones available in some distribution channels.
    02-15-17 10:04 AM
    If that be the case, these figures could be misleading. If being used to illustrate the impact of the brand on the Smartphone Market , (but not take into account that BlackBerry no longer produces BlackBerry10 devices and has transitioned to Android), what new production numbers are being used to drive this data?
    Essentially, BlackBerry still has a share of the market, that's not being accounted for.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    They are lumped in with the "others" in the manufacturer's category... they are two different categories.

At this point the data isn't as important as it once was..... everyone knows that Google has the market share, but that Apple has the more valuable customers. And that everyone else in the mobile OS market is irrelevant at this point. The manufacture info really doesn't mean much to developer or advertisers... thus the reports on those isn't as valuable, so some companies have stopped bothering to track that info.

But going forward (few more quarters anyway).... BlackBerry isn't making or selling phones anymore, all sales with be attributed to TCL (or the other two licensees - neither of which I would expect much out of).
    02-15-17 10:28 AM
383 123 ...