Latest OS as of this date.

Woke up to this for the first time:

Screen window: "You are attempting to open a secure connection, but the server's certificate is not trusted."

The site is rcp.no.blackberry.com

As a relative BB newbie, I am asking, what's going on and what do I do about it?

Thanks
    01-25-11 08:33 AM
    My 9300 did the same thing for the first time this morning when my phone powered up. I tried hitting "continue", "trust" etc. but it would do the same thing after the phone was rebooted.

It must be something on Blackberry's end because I have noticed other people started experiencing the same problem this morning on other forums.

I wonder about deleting the certificate?

Options>Security Options> Advanced Security Options>Certificates then go down to RCP.NA.BLACKBERRY.COM and delete it.

I've done this but I'm not near a WIFI connection to be able to see if I get this error after it downloads a new certificate.

Just a thought.
    01-25-11 09:28 AM
    I am getting that message this morning.

One of the options is to Trust the certificate. It prompts for a new Key Store password if one does not exist.

Everything seems to be working correctly now.
    01-25-11 09:38 AM
    True. The problem solved itself. What is the "rcp" site?
    01-25-11 09:45 AM
    I got that same message on my Bold 9000 this morning and started a thread in another forum. I guess it's a widespread issue.
    01-25-11 10:10 AM
    It came up again. I elected to trust it. Now, it wants a new key store password.

Why would a blackberry site want my keystore password?
    Last edited by V65Magnafan; 01-25-11 at 12:45 PM.
    01-25-11 11:12 AM
    mrsugarpants, I don't have the rcp.no.blackberry.com in my cert list.
    01-25-11 12:50 PM
    It came up again. I elected to trust it. Now, it wants a new key store password.

Why would a blackberry site want my keystore password?
    I am sure that message applies to the database on your BlackBerry.

Options / Security Options / Certificates does list rcp.na.blackberry.com with a "?". Revocation Status: Unknown, Trust status : Explicity Trusted.

01-25-11 01:01 PM
    mrsugarpants, I don't have the rcp.no.blackberry.com in my cert list.
    Mine was there this morning but I deleted it. Will find out if a new certificate gets downloaded when I try and connect to my home network this evening.
    01-25-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD