BlackBerry is doing themselves a huge disservice with their Facebook page. Case in point, there was a post about Alicia Keys "Keep Moving" project today and one of the replies was: I THINK YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS. THAT IS ALL

What is the point of allowing trolling on their page? Can't they hire someone to police it? There are outside companies that provide that service.
    05-28-13 08:08 PM
    BlackBerry is doing themselves a huge disservice with their Facebook page. Case in point, there was a post about Alicia Keys "Keep Moving" project today and one of the replies was: I THINK YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS. THAT IS ALL

What is the point of allowing trolling on their page? Can't they hire someone to police it? There are outside companies that provide that service.
    What's worse, letting people speak their minds or moderating them and having to deal with the backlash on that as well. It's just like on here when I or one or the other mods delete a thread.. people get cranky and then come the " YOU'RE VIOLATING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH" messages even though their invalid on a private forum. Most companies on Facebook allow unmoderated comments, just peruse through them and you'll see that. e.g - https://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilecanada
    05-28-13 08:16 PM

-Shrugs-
    Anyone that posts has to "like" their page. More likes, more people see it. The people who are smarter will not care so much about the hater comments.
    05-28-13 08:18 PM
    When I thought this thread I thought for sure it was going to be about all their foreign accounts posting about Instagram

Anyway its simpler said then done to moderate a large page the size of Blackberry. I watch the mod que on the Christian Memes Facebook page which is about 120k likes and if we were to moderate every single item as it happens it would take pretty much a full time job itself. I can't imagine doing that for the page the size of Blackberrys Social Media sites.

Besides if they were moderating every post then we would be complaining that Blackberry hides all negative press and we want to see the real posts
    05-28-13 08:21 PM
    People still use facebook?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-13 08:43 PM
    What's worse, letting people speak their minds or moderating them and having to deal with the backlash on that as well. It's just like on here when I or one or the other mods delete a thread.. people get cranky and then come the " YOU'RE VIOLATING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH" messages even though their invalid on a private forum. Most companies on Facebook allow unmoderated comments, just peruse through them and you'll see that. e.g - https://www.facebook.com/samsungmobilecanada
    I imagine the CrackBerry mods delete a thread when it is outright flaming. Surprisingly, BlackBerry doesn't delete comments like that from their own page. And can you give me a specific example from Samsung's FB page? It looks pretty tame compared to BlackBerry's.
    Last edited by birdman_38; 05-28-13 at 10:12 PM.
    05-28-13 09:07 PM
    Besides if they were moderating every post then we would be complaining that Blackberry hides all negative press and we want to see the real posts
    Speak for yourself. Why would we?
    05-28-13 09:12 PM