is it modifiable or is it just beautiful numbers that RIM gives out and that guy is very lucky?
    02-28-09 08:12 AM
    That doesn�t confirm to any algorithm number. I say that was someone idea of a joke.
    02-28-09 08:24 AM
    In user terms the PIN should be burned in for the life of the phone. Changing it is generally illegal and requires stolen software which should only exist within RIM's facilities. Almost the only reason to change a PIN is to disguise and reactivate a stolen phone.

The PIN shown could be genuine, PIN is a hexadecimal number and we know a huge block of Bolds was allocated PINs commencing 255xxxxx. However it looks too good to be true and I am suspicious because the Vendor ID (not security sensitive) is also obscured so my nose smells a possible stolen phone which has been illegally debranded and reprogrammed with a very notable new PIN.
    Last edited by branta; 02-28-09 at 08:44 AM.
    02-28-09 08:41 AM
    In user terms the PIN should be burned in for the life of the phone. Changing it is generally illegal and requires stolen software which should only exist within RIM's facilities. Almost the only reason to change a PIN is to disguise and reactivate a stolen phone.

The PIN shown could be genuine, PIN is a hexadecimal number and we know a huge block of Bolds was allocated PINs commencing 255xxxxx. However it looks too good to be true and I am suspicious because the Vendor ID (not security sensitive) is also obscured so my nose smells a possible stolen phone which has been illegally debranded and reprogrammed with a very notable new PIN.
    Couldn't have put it any better than this.
    02-28-09 09:02 AM
    A little background may help too.

Is this a phone someone is trying to sell?

Is this someone's phone they are showing off? How tech savvy are they?

Is that a pic you took or did someone send it to you?
    02-28-09 09:39 AM
    Branta strikes again...
    02-28-09 09:41 AM
    A little background may help too.

Is this a phone someone is trying to sell?

Is this someone's phone they are showing off? How tech savvy are they?

Is that a pic you took or did someone send it to you?
    someone sent me this pic and offered me to change my pin, and I said **** NO... I don't need beautiful numbers to make my BB looks good, it's already good... but I just want to confirm is there any software or hardware to change the number... or is this just some joke from another photoshop...
    02-28-09 11:02 AM

^^^what branta said...very nicely done I think.
    02-28-09 11:08 AM
    That is the most fishiest "PIN" I've ever seen in my life. I really would like to know where the OP got that phone from.
    02-28-09 12:53 PM
    That is the most fishiest "PIN" I've ever seen in my life. I really would like to know where the OP got that phone from.
    The OP is in Indonesia and is well aware of the scams being perpetrated there. I think he says this was a promo shot from some dodgy seller-cloner.

I can imagine only one more suspicious PIN, 2nn88888 offered into the Chinese community. (Where nn has to match the assigned ranges for the model) Auction prices could be like real world telephone numbers.
    03-04-09 04:48 PM
    someone sent me this pic and offered me to change my pin, and I said **** NO...
    Smart decision. Here in UK I would probably have some difficulty avoiding jail for a phone with a false identity. Indonesian jails are said to be even less comfortable.

You know why they call them "Cell Phones"? Try stealing mine and the Judge will explain for you.
    03-04-09 04:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD