Look at that creativitiy? And lit got over 7,500,000 views, could you imagine if youtube stars made videos for BlackBerry 10? And to them $10,000 would be a lot of money.

What do you guys think?
    Last edited by jason9900; 10-26-14 at 02:36 AM.
    srzjumper and jafrul like this.
    10-11-13 12:03 AM
    Good idea...
    10-11-13 12:09 AM
    You're presuming that all of those YouTube celebrities WOULD HAVE bought Z10's on their own dime, just to enter the contest. And none of them would have been able to buy one at the time of the Super Bowl ad since the phone hadn't been released yet.
    srzjumper likes this.
    10-11-13 12:23 AM
    You're presuming that all of those YouTube celebrities WOULD HAVE bought Z10's on their own dime, just to enter the contest. And none of them would have been able to buy one at the time of the Super Bowl ad since the phone hadn't been released yet.
    They don't physically need a device to tell us what they would love about it. If you are creative even talking about it will get the message out

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:26 AM
    I think its a great idea even if it was done just a few months back, or heck maybe even if it's done now.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 01:32 AM
    Good idea but only flaw is that how can you honestly pitch a new platform and phone that you never used or tried out yet? Mass consumers like pretty colors and gold in particular, that's what Apple and Samsung are doing.. and they sell like your grandma's hotcakes.(Its completely ridiculous because you can get any cover in any shape and color you want), but it works.

But I do agree in your overall strategy. I've said here the beat ad for BlackBerry I've seen is the Asian guy with his sarcastic hate blackberry YouTube videos.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 04:53 AM
    Good idea but only flaw is that how can you honestly pitch a new platform and phone that you never used or tried out yet? Mass consumers like pretty colors and gold in particular, that's what Apple and Samsung are doing.. and they sell like your grandma's hotcakes.(Its completely ridiculous because you can get any cover in any shape and color you want), but it works.

But I do agree in your overall strategy. I've said here the beat ad for BlackBerry I've seen is the Asian guy with his sarcastic hate blackberry YouTube videos.

Posted via CB10
    Yea he was alright

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 01:00 PM
    For that matter they could have just given 1million to a randomly picked advertising school grad and gotten a better ad campaign .

Posted via Z10
    Icarus3000 and robkd like this.
    10-11-13 05:25 PM
    Oddly enough, we thought of the same guy for different reasons.

There were some really good fan created ads that got posted around here so there is no denying the talent and skill to pull this off is there but if there is a G_d in heaven that "Why I hate my BlackBerry" atrocity will never EVER be used anywhere outside of Youtube.
    10-11-13 07:11 PM
    BlackBerry and Marketing should never be used in a sentence without the word Atrocious or a synonym of it.
    wanted198 likes this.
    10-11-13 07:51 PM