http://m.youtube.com/watch?hl=en-GB&...&v=N3E7fUynrZU so samsung at the CES event really showed some future possible phones, flexible screen phones! this is exciting. I like bb 10 and am very excited but im concerned when i see how great samsung is just by this video
    01-15-13 02:51 PM
    Those concepts are impressive, but BB10 is a phone platform... Samsung is a phone manufacturer.
    KDB84 likes this.
    01-15-13 03:03 PM
    i understand what u mean but rim also manufacture and i personally dont think there design skills are anything that amazing. They could develop better looking phones for their OS's
    01-15-13 05:00 PM
    Samsung have copied everything they have ever made! Go back 20+ years. They wont get my money!
    RIM is the innovator!
    01-15-13 05:11 PM
    I dont know the history of samsung and rim too far back but it seems samsung has been copying everyone for the best bits. I love my blackberry dont get me wrong but its just i find the whole Z10 design a little boring, i still want one! but i would have liked a nicer physical appearance, if the OS and hardware is good ill be happy
    01-15-13 05:16 PM
    I dont know the history of samsung and rim too far back but it seems samsung has been copying everyone for the best bits. I love my blackberry dont get me wrong but its just i find the whole Z10 design a little boring, i still want one! but i would have liked a nicer physical appearance, if the OS and hardware is good ill be happy
    Okay, for a phone "I believe you have yet to touch" in a form that there is currently not much that can change. "Flat slab" what would you change! I loved the look of the 9860! whats your idea?
    01-15-13 05:21 PM
    If you think about what RIM is trying to accomplish with this release, it has less to do with the form of the phone and more to do with the OS, yes they need to have a good form factor but something that is appealing to the masses! Vanilla flavor IMO! Z10 looks to meet that target and surpass if you ask me!
    01-15-13 05:26 PM
    copysomes fanbase is'nt real they dont have a solid loyal customer base yet imho they were teh hype product cause only orange phoen was available.This year will find out just their real fanbase cause alot of people just didnt want rehash iphone.They could easily just have been ''trending'' especially considering how consumers are.No surprise they have gone quick to sell a phone after RIM announced dropping the 10.RIM is thoroughbread with rep and history.Samsung know this thats why they rushing out a phone.
    01-15-13 05:41 PM
    Samsung have copied everything they have ever made! Go back 20+ years. They wont get my money!
    RIM is the innovator!
    Immitation is the best form of flattery.

Yes, they copied. But you must also remember, they innovate as well..
    Name one brand from Japan that is not originally copied. Mazda does not create rotary engine, but they innovate it until ut became the best and the only rotary engine manufacturer in the world. That is just one example.
    Japan n Taiwan used to be countries where they copies other products. But NOW, they lead the innovations.
    RIM starts off with a pager before smartphones. And then they innovate.
    I love blackberry. But they need to step up the game in innovation and creations.

Create a WOW factor.

Then only they can be one of the main contender in the smartphones industry.
    They not only must innovate in the software but in the hardwares as well...

I can see the flexible screen to be one of the main attraction in future smartphones. But they must make sure the cost is not high to make sure it is affordable for consumers. And by the way they copied other products and making innovations, they managed to pull many loyalists into their brand and therefore affirm the future of smartphone purchasers for their new products. And when they secured this, they can mass produce the flexible screen phone and lowering the cost hence the affordable priced future smartphones.

The bottom line is, RIM must make sure they innovate and create more and more software and hardwares to be competiive.
    01-15-13 06:18 PM
    There is definitely potential in the hardware section. Take the htc one x + (i think) it has 1.7ghz processor. A hd incredibly clear screen running android. I have never been so impressed with android till i met this phone. All i had seen from android before was the cheap end such as galaxy ace and ace 2. Its all about how well the OS can utilise the hardware. No point putting a 3.2ghz processor it if doesn't seem to make a difference
    01-16-13 02:47 PM
    Samsungs been doing well now but I'm not sold on them in the future. They've got some huge platform issues to take care of. Flexible displays look cool. From a design stand point I don't see samsung doing anything original.
    01-16-13 02:57 PM
    The first time I saw the z10 I thought it was the iPhone 5. I don't know if it was a good idea to use that design. There is a theory which states that people reject intuitively things that try to look like an original but are different in little details. Anyways, I trust RIM did design studies they know what they're doing.

Then the software looks fluid and competent, but it's a little boring. I lost my hope in BlackBerry having success in the consumer market with this model, I think the z10 was designed targeting the corporate and institutional market.

The next models may be more consumer oriented and bring something new, RIM will launch 6 models this year.
    01-16-13 06:24 PM