I came across this article the other day and I thought it was worth sharing.

Talks about the challenging the company is facing as it transitions from a failed smartphone maker to a growth oriented software and services company. Good article.

I can't help but think the name, BlackBerry, didn't help a lot. When BlackBerry 10 was launched it was renamed from Research in Motion. BlackBerry was simply a product by RIM. Looking back the decision to name the company after a failed product probably wasn't a good idea and the name Research in Motion is exactly the type of name that would suit the company today. No point in going back though, John Chen has been quoted as saying "If your child is getting bad grades in school, would you change his name to perform better?" something along those lines anyways.

Here is the link to the article in question. BlackBerry and the Problem of Recreating a Company and Image

Posted via CB10
    12-04-16 06:09 PM
    MIght have been better it they have left Good as the face of their EMM business.

Image will be an ongoing issue, especially now that they are licensing their Brand in the hardware and BBM sectors.

Name change is probably being considered..
    bakron1 likes this.
    12-05-16 08:59 AM
    MIght have been better it they have left Good as the face of their EMM business.
    True dat. They should have released the Android handsets under the Good brand as well.
    12-05-16 09:04 AM