When it comes to dropping calls, I'm king of knowing where the dead zone(s) are with carriers I have or have had. I use the (s) because in NJ, and I've traveled all over this state, there's one zone where verizon always dropped a call. That is just north of exit 8 on the NJ Turnpike. That was there since Verizon first came out. My razor always dropped calls there and so does my blackberry. But now, there are more spots I get dropped calls in. It doesn't happen multiple times a day. But often enough to where I'm posting this. So, it looks like the razor had one dead spot but my 8330 vzw curve has approx 6-10. Seems strange that this phone doesn't wipe the razors **** when it comes to reception, ah well, I can still talk clear across the state from Philadelphia to Long Branch without one dropped call. That's fantastic service imo. Does anyone else who is still conscious after that long post have the same experience?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-27-08 06:22 AM
    In my area, which is fairly more rural, there's one spot on a particular highway heading to my college that ALWAYS dropped calls. But I think my Blackberry gets a better signal than my last phone (which was also a Razr), because I don't get dropped calls anymore. I haven't found any other places that drop calls on my 'Berry either.

12-27-08 06:26 AM
    In my area, my BB does not drop calls but VZW has excellent coverage.

12-27-08 06:55 AM
    Teal, my area also, is excellent vzw coverage. Ny, nj. But I noticed more dropped calls than I had on my motorola. I just wonder who else has noticed that.
    Also, when it says "call was lost!"
    How do we know or how can we find out whose phone's fault that was? (without driving back through that area while talking, of course)

12-28-08 07:58 AM
    I drop calls frequently, and I know it's my Curve because when I drop a call I immediately try to re-call the person I was on the phone with and it instantly gives a busy signal and the Curve says call failed.
    12-28-08 08:07 AM
    I only drop calls outside of town in one area, basically no coverage for about 2min on this rural highway.
    12-28-08 08:14 AM
    My experience with ATT has been that my BBs have all had *superior* signal strength and far fewer dropped calls than my previous Motorolas or LGs in the same coverage areas. And I'm on the road a lot along the same routes in both rural and urban areas. As always, ymmv.

12-29-08 02:20 AM
    I am on att very rare dropped call

12-29-08 02:32 AM
    Razrs do have better rF, but of all the smartphones, I believe the Blackberry to be at the top.

Call Verizon and see if there is anything they can do... reset towers or file a ticket.
    12-29-08 02:32 AM
    I am on att very rare dropped call

Same here.
    12-29-08 02:36 AM
    Jayden, for some reason, my BBs all had better signal strength and fewer dropped calls than my various razrs, including the solid V3xx. Lucky I guess, but no complaints!

12-29-08 02:49 AM
    Its sad that we have such a network in the US. Even here in the Middle East there is no such thing as a dropped call...
    12-29-08 02:52 AM
    Calls dropped like crazy when I had the latest 862 OS on my 9700, reverted back to the trusty 714 and now it's perfect!
    09-03-10 04:47 AM
    Have you thought about updating your roaming list? Dial *228 from your phone and select the option to "update roaming list" which I believe is option #2.

I rarely drop a call in the STL on my Tour, only one spot when you cross one particular bridge over to Illinois or Missouri where every carrier dropps calls, same with whenever I drive into the town I grew up in, every carrier dropps calls at this one particular spot... wierd.
    09-03-10 08:02 AM
    Mine hasn't dropped a single call.

09-03-10 08:47 AM
    You run a much higher chance of dropping a call on a GSM carrier, than you do on a CDMA carrier...
    09-03-10 08:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD