this may seem like a newb question but iv been wondering about this for the longest...

if u decide to buy a BB on craigslist will you be able to put ur SIM card in that u got from verizon right in and still be able to use the new BB without having to change ur plan up??

because im thinking about buying a VZW Tour off craigslist because im not too fund of the storm, i like the full keyboard feel of the tour..

does anyone have and advice or have actually done it before??
    05-24-10 09:02 AM
    Well I know for sure that you can easily transfer your data from Blackberry to Blackberry via Desktop Manager, I switched from my old Storm 1 to my Storm 2 with ease. As far as the Sim card goes, I don't even know why Verizon has them int he BB's because most Verizon phones don't even use sim cards.
    05-24-10 09:04 AM
    The VZW Storm/Tours are CDMA units. The SIM card is used for GSM roaming. I believe you can dial *228 option 1 on the new phone to transfer the activation to the new phone. Use Desktop Manager to transfer your apps and settings.
    05-24-10 09:11 AM
    Well I know for sure that you can easily transfer your data from Blackberry to Blackberry via Desktop Manager, I switched from my old Storm 1 to my Storm 2 with ease. As far as the Sim card goes, I don't even know why Verizon has them int he BB's because most Verizon phones don't even use sim cards.
    idk if its a sim card or not to be honest lol its some card in here that has the verizon logo on it lol

i mean im askin cuz i never done it but i had bought a iphone on craigslist that was unlocked and didnt have a problem with it.

so i didnt no if its the same with BB
    05-24-10 09:12 AM
    this may seem like a newb question but iv been wondering about this for the longest...

if u decide to buy a BB on craigslist will you be able to put ur SIM card in that u got from verizon right in and still be able to use the new BB without having to change ur plan up??

because im thinking about buying a VZW Tour off craigslist because im not too fund of the storm, i like the full keyboard feel of the tour..

does anyone have and advice or have actually done it before??
    Verizon doesn't use sim cards.. You have to call them to activate the phone for you
    05-24-10 09:25 AM
    Verizon doesn't use sim cards.. You have to call them to activate the phone for you
    do they gharge it to ur bill?
    05-24-10 09:30 AM
    do they gharge it to ur bill?
    Yes, I think so. I think its a $20 charge for each phone you activate.
    05-24-10 09:32 AM
    ight and no other charge?

lol im askin cuz i dont pay my bill my dad does lol
    05-24-10 09:34 AM
    ight and no other charge?

lol im askin cuz i dont pay my bill my dad does lol
    Not that I know of, I think the $20 should be it. But I'm not exactly sure.. Since I don't have VZW.. Ha.
    05-24-10 09:36 AM
    There is so much misinformation in this thread that it makes me sick.

There is no charge to activate a BB bought off of Craigslist. Go online, and enter the ESN, and follow the instructions.

The Tour and Storm are both CDMA phones but have GSM capabilites, so they can be unlocked and used on GSM carriers.
    05-24-10 09:39 AM
    There is so much misinformation in this thread that it makes me sick.

There is no charge to activate a BB bought off of Craigslist. Go online, and enter the ESN, and follow the instructions.

The Tour and Storm are both CDMA phones but have GSM capabilites, so they can be unlocked and used on GSM carriers.
    .... why are u getting mad lol

im asking cuz i dont wanna buy one then find out i cant activate it and end up wasting almost $200 or $300 for a tour and i cant use it.
    05-24-10 09:44 AM
    If the ESN is clean, you can activate it. You will need access to the account, or have your Dad do it. There is no charge.

I get mad because people are giving you advice when they don't know what they are talking about.
    05-24-10 09:49 AM
    If the ESN is clean, you can activate it. You will need access to the account, or have your Dad do it. There is no charge.

I get mad because people are giving you advice when they don't know what they are talking about.
    oh ok. how do you look up the esn?
    05-24-10 09:54 AM
    Have the seller give you the ESN before purchase so you can check it. You can also check it by going to Options > Status > MEID (hex).

Call Verizon Wireless Customer Service to double check that you can activate it.
    05-24-10 10:00 AM
    oh ok thanks man.

i really want that tour lol
    05-24-10 10:02 AM
    Better yet, have the seller meet you at a verizon store to verify the ESN is clean before you pay for the phone and you can get it activated at the store for free also.
    05-24-10 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD