Hiii, so I have the iPhone 3G at the moment, but my contract ends in around 3 weeks... I'm being told to get the iPhone 4 but after having this phone for 2 years I want something different! So I'm looking at changing to a BB. The torch looks amazing from some of the videos i've seen on youtube... just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on which is actually the best to have?
    02-10-11 05:32 PM
    The best blackberry to have is the one that does what YOU need and want it to do. There are a lot of really good devices available now and more to come in the near future. The problem with asking the question you asked is that its a very subjective question. You're going to be the one using it. I would encourage you to do some research on various devices and see what fits your needs/wants. Afterall, no one can answer that better than you.
    02-10-11 05:36 PM
    Hiii, so I have the iPhone 3G at the moment, but my contract ends in around 3 weeks... I'm being told to get the iPhone 4 but after having this phone for 2 years I want something different! So I'm looking at changing to a BB. The torch looks amazing from some of the videos i've seen on youtube... just wondered if anyone had any suggestions on which is actually the best to have?
    What amazed you in the videos?
    02-10-11 05:43 PM
    What amazed you in the videos?
    It looks mega fun to play around with haha.
    I'm taking that as sarcasm, so I'll give you an easy answer... I'm easily amazed.

& To the other person whom replied, thank you...
    02-10-11 05:51 PM
    BlackBerry - Compare BlackBerry Smartphones and PDAs at BlackBerry.com
    Compare up to 5 phones and find which one best fits your wants and needs.
    leannezoeii and asafar59 like this.
    02-10-11 05:59 PM
    I'll make it easy for you. Get the Torch.
    Or not.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-10-11 06:13 PM
    I'll make it easy for you. Get the Torch.
    Or not.

And I'll make this easy on you...

Give a useful answer.
    Or not.

02-10-11 06:28 PM
    I have the 9670 Style, but if your no into flips. Never mind. It is a great phone though!
    02-10-11 06:45 PM
    And I'll make this easy on you...

Give a useful answer.
    Or not.

Ok ... then just get the Torch!

02-10-11 07:21 PM
    If I were you I'd just go into a shop and fiddle with your top 2/3 chosen Blackberries and see what decision you will come to. I would pick either the Torch or Bold 9780.

02-10-11 07:50 PM
    It looks mega fun to play around with haha.
    I'm taking that as sarcasm, so I'll give you an easy answer... I'm easily amazed.

& To the other person whom replied, thank you...
    Nope, not sarcasm. Just curious
    02-10-11 08:43 PM
    So, I am guessing you are on AT&T and want to stay with them?

If so, then the Torch would probably be the best option.
    02-10-11 10:42 PM
    your situation is similar to mine.. but i came from an iphone 3GS.
    i have the Torch and a Bold 9000 ( bigger version of a 9780)
    if you're comfy with a touch screen.. then Go for the Torch.
    if you want to try a candy bar with built in Keyboard go for the 9780.

how do you use your phone? i know it sounds like a dumb question..
    but think about it.. do you do emails, SMS, MMS twitter etc a lot OR
    do you watch youtube, monitor facebook instead? or maybe a combination of both.
    screen size played a big factor for me.. so i went with the Torch.
    i hope this helps.
    02-10-11 10:48 PM
    bold,get the bold
    02-10-11 11:29 PM
    Here is my story:

I had a Bold 9000, got sick of its slow performance as it only had 128 MB of memory.

Then I bought a 9700, I was much happier with it as it had 256 MB of memory, and although the screen was a bit smaller, the higher pixel resolution and clarity makes up for it. Keyboard were good on both, big hard buttons.

Then I got tempted to get the 9780 as OS 6 would perform much smoother on the 9780 as it has 512 MB of memory, but it wasn't getting released anytime during the month of September, so I did the biggest mistake, I got the Torch!
    I was playing with the Torch for the first 3 days non stop, I enjoyed the touch screen, it was cool to think that you can touch the screen to select stuff!

However, come to real world usability; why does one buy a BlackBerry? Mostly due to the excellent push email feature, and the BlackBerry Messenger, I thought oh well, I have a physical keyboard, so I can type easily no need to type on the touch screen.

Here was my disappointment, the keyboard purely sucks in comparison to the Bold Keyboards! It is very flat out and when you press a button it doesn't feel so sturdy, I was typing to letters at the same time always and mine you, I have average sized fingers.

Next, the battery, RIM sports a bigger screen on the Torch, touch sensitivity, so it is pure to think that they will equip it with a higher capacity battery or at least similar to the Bold; well guess what? They put a lower capacity battery to makes things a total disaster!

Bold Battery Capacity = 1500 mAH
    Torch Battery Capacity = 1150 mAH
    (just like the cheap Curves or Pearls)

I couldn't get threw the day with the battery unless I turn off WiFi, turn the screen britghtness down, ensure that facebook app is closed! Wow! I pay an arm and a leg for a phone and have to disable all these nice features just to be able to use it for 1 day. heh

Further more, the phone is too heavy, too big, you cannot put it in a purse or a pocket without feeling its bulkiness.

And as I couldn't and hated typing on the Touch screen, the physical keyboard was slid down 90% of the time, which made the phone look horrible!

Thank god, CompuMe here in Dubai had a 7 day return policy, and on the 6th day, I did the right thing, I returned it back and got a 9700 AGAIN! as there was no 9780

After 2 weeks, the 9780 got released! I bought it on the spot for $600 USD (retail price, yes, I didn't care, I love BlackBerries, and I had to had the best of em) I then sold my 9700 a week later for $400 USD

The 9780 is awsome! Amazing keyboard! The OS feels snappier on the 9780 as it has no touch screen to take eat up my resources (CPU resources that is), the trackpad is much better, the Torch trackpad although looks similar, it is not, it is a little bit bulged out, which makes scrolling not so smooth and continous, it often jerked while I was scrolling, if you don't have a completely dry finger at all times, then the trackpad of the torch will cause you to almost break the phone! The 9780 trackpad always works no matter if my finger was dry, damp, wet, Bolds just have a certain quality in their build not found on any other phone!

Finally, the size of the 9780 and battery are just perfect! you can't beat this great combination!

Good luck on your choice.
    02-11-11 01:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD