So, for all you who said Blackberry's aren't for kids:

Lloyd Humphreys � Lloyd Follows on from Gates

This is why I need a Blackberry

And please don't turn this into an argument... I wanted to leave but the Blackberry crave brought me back. So maybe we can all try and chat in harmony? I managed it on loads of other forums so I'm sure we can too.
    08-07-08 07:26 PM
    I don't blame you! I'd want a BB if I was young too!
    08-07-08 07:28 PM
    Yes, let's all be friends!! We should all get along well until certain people show up.....

I forgot to say congratulations! Now you can start writing Blackberry software too! Im 14 also, and I could never even come close to doing what you did. Good Job!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by ecooper11; 08-07-08 at 08:30 PM.
    08-07-08 07:37 PM
    Lloyd, you've certainly earned a BlackBerry! You have to admit that many young people, heck, many older people haven't achieved what you have. You work and create in a tech environment, that's different from my son wanting one to impress his friends. However, if he was able to afford it like you, I would let him have one. You and he are the same age so I do know how unique you are.
    08-07-08 07:53 PM
    I think it's fine, as long as they know what they are doing and are responsible.
    08-07-08 08:02 PM
    You are my hero Lloyd! (I'm 16 and wish I could do that.....even tho I don't like Microsoft..)
    08-07-08 08:04 PM
    Haha

Well, I wasn't expecting this post to be too well received! Went down rather well

Thanks.
    08-07-08 08:15 PM
    i wish i was able to accomplish all the stuff you have accomplished.
    08-07-08 08:51 PM
    As I said before, it is not so much about the age of the
    child, but that child's level of maturity and responsibility.
    Simple as that.
    08-07-08 08:55 PM
    Blackberries still aren't for kids.

As with all rules, however, there are exceptions. But I maintain that the vast majority of minors, and from what my wife tells me about her AT&T customers a lot of adults as well, are not capable of managing the responsibility of a smartphone (not just BB's).

EDIT: I forgot to add, congratulations on your success Lloyd.
    Last edited by Kronk; 08-07-08 at 09:03 PM.
    08-07-08 08:59 PM
    As I said before, it is not so much about the age of the
    child, but that child's level of maturity and responsibility.
    Simple as that.
    I agree with that 100%. Well said

08-07-08 09:03 PM
    if you want to be flamed, i'll be happy to oblige. i have nothing better to do.

but in seriousness, this is a talk you should have with your parents; who cares what a bunch of messageboard fanboys have to say?
    08-07-08 09:04 PM
    heres some avatars for you lloyd as a congratulations gift to you. i can send you the photoshop docs if you want. ecooper i made one for you too. tell me you like them. also how do you start such a successful business at age 14?

EDIT: i will make avatars for other people if they ask. just pm what colors you want and what you want the text to say.
    Last edited by branden3112; 08-07-08 at 09:44 PM.
    08-07-08 09:17 PM
    heres some avatars for you lloyd as a congratulations gift to you. i can send you the photoshop docs if you want. ecooper i made one for you too. tell me you like them. also how do you start such a successful business at age 14?

Hey Branden, those avatars look sweet! Good Job!
    08-07-08 09:24 PM
    Congrats Lloyd!! That is very impressive.

The thing I find most ironic thus far is this post! hahahaha

You realize you are offering this child programming prodigy (Lloyd) a photoshopped avatar?! I am pretty sure he can make an avatar if he has accomplished those other amazing things!
    08-07-08 09:25 PM
    i know for a fact he could have made them him self but i decided to make some for him as a congratulatory gift. @srplummer: thanks!
    08-07-08 09:43 PM
    Branden, what is the deal with you randomly making avatars for everyone and their mum, then immediately asking them to tell you they like them?

08-07-08 09:47 PM
    i like making these avatars and i like to now what people think of them. is there anything wrong with that?
    08-07-08 09:49 PM
    Congrats Lloyd!! That is very impressive.

The thing I find most ironic thus far is this post! hahahaha

You realize you are offering this child programming prodigy (Lloyd) a photoshopped avatar?! I am pretty sure he can make an avatar if he has accomplished those other amazing things!

Lloyd congratulations! For someone your age you have accomplished much!

bmc~did you read my mind?
    08-07-08 09:55 PM
    So, for all you who said Blackberry's aren't for kids:

Lloyd Humphreys � Lloyd Follows on from Gates

This is why I need a Blackberry

And please don't turn this into an argument... I wanted to leave but the Blackberry crave brought me back. So maybe we can all try and chat in harmony? I managed it on loads of other forums so I'm sure we can too.
    I guess you just may need that berry after all Congrats and continued success!
    08-07-08 10:03 PM
    Awesome job Lloyd! Wish you could be a guest speaker for my students lol.

08-07-08 10:04 PM
    Awesome job Lloyd! Wish you could be a guest speaker for my students lol.

You teach?
    08-07-08 10:07 PM
    Surely as a computer prodigy, you understand the difference between someone who has a true gift for computer science, and gets a bb(and with a grant pays for it HIMSELF, perhaps) and a spoiled brat who wants a bb because "the people on the trains are looking at me cross eyed because I don't have one"......

That said, GOOD for you! You must be proud of yourself, and so must be your parents......
    08-07-08 10:12 PM
    You teach?
    Nope, I'm a school counselor.

08-07-08 10:39 PM
    lloyd do you like the avatars i made for you? hbu eric?
    08-07-08 10:45 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD