im planning to switch to Sprint by the end of the year or beginning of next year but i would like to know first if BB10 will be offered on all 4 majors carriers here in the U.S. at least on Sprint.

thanks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    09-21-12 06:56 AM
    Maybe, there haven't really been any official confirmations as yet, but that's to be expected for a product that doesn't actually exist to sell to customers.

The closest we've got is this article from Bla1ze

It seems to suggest 'yes' without actually saying it.

Si.
    09-21-12 07:10 AM
    RIM will definitely be trying to get all major carriers behind the launch of BB10.
    09-21-12 07:17 AM
    Sprint would be wise to pick up BB10. The universe/market can't survive on Android and iPhone alone... people want choices. Sprint will launch BB10 and probably even launch WP8.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-21-12 07:39 AM
    thanks to all.

09-21-12 07:59 AM
    I certainly hope all major carriers will be on board to carry BB10. It will not be a success without them.
    09-21-12 08:04 AM
    Sprint is heel dragging on both BB10 and WP8, they have been behind BlackBerry in the past, so my guess is they will come around to BB10, but it may not be immediately.
    09-21-12 09:06 AM
    Sprint is heel dragging on both BB10 and WP8, they have been behind BlackBerry in the past, so my guess is they will come around to BB10, but it may not be immediately.
    I read a story the other day, about WP8 and the chairman of Sprint said they wanted to see a 3rd success, but they wanted to see it "play out" and the gist of the story as I read it - was that they would wait and see and most likely not be behind either until it was clear which one was asserting itself.

I have not seen a definitive statement by Sprint that they will carry BB10 on launch day every time I read a statement about both WP8 and BB10 they seem to waffle. JMHO
    09-21-12 09:52 AM
    Sprint was not listed as being a carrier for either the Lumia 920, or the HTC 8 phones (don't remember which one but I think Lumia). This has me thinking that Sprint is not going to be offering much beyond iPhones and Android phones. You have to remember that Sprint agreed to purchase a ton of iPhones from Apple (guaranteed sales for Apple) to get the iPhone, and Apple will get that money whether Sprint sells the correlating number of iPhones or not. What this means for customers is Sprint is pushing the iPhone hardest of all devices (think of how many Sprint iPhone commercials you've seen compared to EVO). Also what it could mean for both Windows Phone and BB10 is that Sprint won't carry them to risk selling less iPhones. I'm not saying this is definitely going to happen, but if you look at the deal with Apple, they have to do everything they can to move as many iPhones as possible in the next couple years, and that could include not offering much for the competition to get in. Even if Sprint does carry it, I doubt you will see any hero status or Sprint marketing dollars behind it, and a lot of in-store persuasion and misinformation to look at the iPhone instead if you come in asking for it.
    09-21-12 10:20 AM
    I stopped by my local Sprint store on Friday and they do not carry ANY blackberry phones anymore. The sales rep (in his 20s of course) told me they quit carrying them awhile ago. I told him they still have a few on the website, he said he didnt know that. He also didnt know anything about BB10, BUT he was quick to try to sell me an iPhone. Sprint already stopped supporting blackberries with their NASCAR app. It will be very disappointing if Sprint does not come on board with BB10.
    esk369 likes this.
    09-24-12 06:04 PM
    I stopped by my local Sprint store on Friday and they do not carry ANY blackberry phones anymore. The sales rep (in his 20s of course) told me they quit carrying them awhile ago. I told him they still have a few on the website, he said he didnt know that. He also didnt know anything about BB10, BUT he was quick to try to sell me an iPhone. Sprint already stopped supporting blackberries with their NASCAR app. It will be very disappointing if Sprint does not come on board with BB10.
    thats not happening only on sprint but also on att/verizon/tmobile. and must cust rep they just go with the hype and not for what the cust is looking for.

09-24-12 09:13 PM
    Sprint would be wise to have BB10 in their portfolio...
    However, after 5 years of Sprint, I am planning on heading over to the blue team...
    09-25-12 12:30 PM
    A while a back I remember reading an article over on PhoneScoop called, "How a Sprint Phone is Born." in it was a roadmap which identified OS release timeframe that placed BB10 and WP8 as releasing late 2012/early 2013. So they plan on releasing the OS as long as it makes it through Sprint's tests and specifications.
    09-25-12 02:31 PM
    I've been with Sprint for around 15 years but I'll certainly go shopping for a new carrier should they decide to not offer and support BB10 phones early next year.
    rbrooks86 likes this.
    09-25-12 03:53 PM
    Verizon has confirmed it will carry BB10
    09-25-12 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD